Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Manual
71.88%
Automatic
28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Is your car a manual or automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Do you drive a manual or automatic

i am mastering my stick everyday... and with lots of people around me watching me do so... and when i'm done, i have a very satisfied feeling come over me, and all the problems just go away... then i hit 5th gear... ohhhh.....

i don't know what people do when driving autos... appart from scratching themselves...

Old 08-14-2007, 03:59 AM
HCF Member

well i drive an auto 2 but the only thing that scares when driving a manual is goin up hills since i hardly never drive a manual but dam i hope that never happens to me. has it happend to u guys?? and actually hit someone?

Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: **Alan**

same here ...i lock my steering wheel and put my club facing the left corner of the seat and with an alarm on top of that .....but im gonna get the brake lock thing and put it on my clutch petal

just to let you know.... CLUBS are JOKES!!!!!! the steering wheels are so soft all the theft has to do is have a little saw and cut thu the steering wheel! those things just dont work.LOL

Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

eh? true .....thats why i have the brake lock on my clutch ....the only way you can move the car is if you push it and the alarm will be going off lol

Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

do you mean hill starts, or just generally driving up a hill...

cause hill starts are SUPPOSED to be done likea this... 1 put the foot on the break. 2 put the car in neutral (assuming you know how to manipulate clutch). 3 engage hand break (parking break to others, or E-Break). 4 put the car in gear with either of the two breaks still applied (preferably hand/park/E-break as you'll need it later). 5 bring your rpms up, and slowly let out the clutch. 6 once you can feel that the clutch has taken (nose dips, or jumps up depends how much gas your applying for the steepliness of the hill) release all breaks and off ya go.

round about way of doing it... i could look it up in my driver's manual, but i'm lazy. but most people just let the car roll back a little before the clutch bites, there is a slight chance you'll hit the person behind you (as they'll assume you arn't driving stick) but its their fault for stopping too close to you [8D]

but driving up a hill, is done just like in an auto... you go up, yer foot goes down a lil... if the hill is steep enough, or if you just wanna go up the hill fast, you downshift and zoom up the hill.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: jeff948594

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass
BUT at least a auto will lock in park...
not true, my teg has a place u can put anything that resembles the key and it will release the car from but yes both have steering lock but if you can catch it before it locks u can defeat it with anything flat and resonably solid (like a fridge magnet) thats why i always lock my steering on top of have alarms
Ithink he meant that the front wheels lock up when the car is in park.

EDIT: wow.. that was a lot of quoteslol

Old 08-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya either way look at a tow truck they got wheel jacks with wheels on them. they just put them around the wheels use the foot pedal to lift the tires off the ground and now they can spin your car on a dime! lol

but anyways ya stoping on a incline i always did that Ebrake and clutch... cause i ALWAYS had these retards pull right up to my bumper!!!!! i was about ready to have a sticker made... "i drive stick so stay the F*** BACK" but i didnt have that crx very long.LOL

Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 PM

i know how to drive both. i like driving the auto tho becuase i can do other things like eat some chips =]

Old 10-24-2007, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

trunk monkey ftw

Old 10-24-2007, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

LOL ya either way look at a tow truck they got wheel jacks with wheels on them. they just put them around the wheels use the foot pedal to lift the tires off the ground and now they can spin your car on a dime! lol

but anyways ya stoping on a incline i always did that Ebrake and clutch... cause i ALWAYS had these retards pull right up to my bumper!!!!! i was about ready to have a sticker made... "i drive stick so stay the F*** BACK" but i didnt have that crx very long.LOL
and no its not that easy! if your cars on a slanted drive way and you use go-jacks say goodbye to the car lol! BTW If i really wanted your car, these are the tools id need: A dent puller, Wedge.

Quick Reply: Is your car a manual or automatic?