Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Manual
71.88%
Automatic
28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Is your car a manual or automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Default RE: Do you drive a manual or automatic

my teg is an auto but my civic is stick

i see the stick as a theft deterent because i had a guy break into my civic (the only time i forgot to arm the alarm of course) and hot wire it but i found it about 12 feet down the road. so my guess was he kept stalling it out and decided to go find a diff car so a little solder and some electric tape and good as new

Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

i like playing with my stick

Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jeff948594

i see the stick as a theft deterent because i had a guy break into my civic (the only time i forgot to arm the alarm of course) and hot wire it but i found it about 12 feet down the road. so my guess was he kept stalling it out and decided to go find a diff car so a little solder and some electric tape and good as new
well i wouldnt cal a manual a theft deterant..... at least i wouldnt.... cause think of it... ya take off the Ebrake handle and simply pop the gears in neutral and ANYONE can move it around.... not sure if it has a steering wheel lock or not..... BUT at least a auto will lock in park...

Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well i wouldnt cal a manual a theft deterant..... at least i wouldnt.... cause think of it... ya take off the Ebrake handle and simply pop the gears in neutral and ANYONE can move it around.... not sure if it has a steering wheel lock or not..... BUT at least a auto will lock in park...
best way to put this is if someone really really wants ur car there nothing u can do to stop them. unless u have an pitbull dog in ur car as a watch dog lol. but really if somone really wanted ur car they will find someways to get into it and steal it.

Your best bet isto take the proper precautionsto help prevent theft or to make stealing ur car a pain in the assfor example having an good car alarm with all the proper sensor ( tilt, dual sensor, rim lock, kill switch, ect.) Have one of those steering wheel lock thingies that most woman have on there cars. Also I herd having Ur window tinted is good too since it prevent people that are just walking around from seeing in your car

Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive always agreed with that... thiers always a way. which is why i have tons of pictures of my car and also full coverage insurance its the only way to be secure!

Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx
Your best bet isto take the proper precautionsto help prevent theft or to make stealing ur car a pain in the assfor example having an good car alarm with all the proper sensor ( tilt, dual sensor, rim lock, kill switch, ect.) Have one of those steering wheel lock thingies that most woman have on there cars. Also I herd having Ur window tinted is good too since it prevent people that are just walking around from seeing in your car
oryou couldjust take off all four wheels every night

But seriously, auto in park+ parking brake = 4 wheels that won't budge

Old 08-13-2007, 08:16 PM
HCF Member

i dont know how to drive an automaticlol j/k but driving stick shift is alot funner than driving a automatic.cuz when you drive a auto you dont know wut to do with ur other hand maybe out the sunroof? picking ur nose ..... lol ......the point is .....driving manual is funner and if you dont know how to drive it ...learn how to its awesome

Old 08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

manual = way more fun

+1 on liking to play with my stick. hahahaha good one ej6buddy

Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

not true, my teg has a place u can put anything that resembles the key and it will release the car from but yes both have steering lock but if you can catch it before it locks u can defeat it with anything flat and resonably solid (like a fridge magnet) thats why i always lock my steering on top of have alarms

Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

same here ...i lock my steering wheel and put my club facing the left corner of the seat and with an alarm on top of that .....but im gonna get the brake lock thing and put it on my clutch petal

Quick Reply: Is your car a manual or automatic?