Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

what clutch and fly wheel to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:13 PM
HCF Member
Default what clutch and fly wheel to buy?

ive got a 96 coupe with the stock clutch and fly wheel. im comming up on 112k on this clutch. the clutch will slip and not ingage if i try to rev up and dump it. and it lets out very high. so i know that it will bwe going out soon. im only 18 and dont have very much money but dad has always taken care of the necessities when it comes to vehicle maintenance. but im modding my civic and would like to get a nice clutch and if possible i would like to get a lightened fly wheel. when i have this done my dad will only pay for the bare minimum. there is a shop here in knoxville that i believe just works on honda but its not the dealership. i'd say that he will want me to take it there. can some one please fill me in on pricing and if that i would be able to get a better clutch rather than the bare minimum that they would put in for a stock civic. and what about a lightened fly wheel. im not loooking for the very best i just want an upgrade from the stock cluth and flywheel. right now i only have intake and exhaust as performace mods but turbo is what im planning for the future. so i was just wanting to know what brands and weight to get and how much this is going to cost. im not quite sure where to research these prices online. so if someone could please offer some help. thanks.

ryan