Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Turbo in an automatic???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo in an automatic???

I've had BOTH in many vehicles( all American Muscle cars ) over the years. While it is way more "fun" to shift gears , power is ALWAYS there on turbocharged automatics, which I currently drive. While you're clutching and shifting , an AUTO/TURBO combo is HUMPING!!!
That car looks nice! I had a Barracuda 340 and a Duster 340 (without turbos) with automatics. The automatics are also faster off the line in a drag race. When I took my cars to the drags I would go up against a lot of kids with the real loud exhausts, the big tires in back and the rear ends jacked up. When the light turned green they would sit around on the starting line making lots of noise and tire smoke while my car would feel like a locomotive going 50mph had just crashed into the back of it (actually I exagerate, it only felt like a locomotive had just crashed into the back if I floored it when it was already rolling at 15mph or so). I would be way down the track before they started going, and only one of them ever caught up to me, sweating away, rowing with the shift lever =)

Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

Soooo, no shift kits or ways to increase the pressure in a Honda automatic that anyone knows of??? There's got to be a way, maybe I'll try to figure it out.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

you can get SI's with auto trannys but no1 really does but my brother bought a 2006 ex and wanted an SI and was gona order an AUTO but just ended up going with the EX

Old 07-25-2007, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 03civiclxcoupe

you can get SI's with auto trannys but no1 really does but my brother bought a 2006 ex and wanted an SI and was gona order an AUTO but just ended up going with the EX
no you cant its part of the si package, if you look back further into the trans disc, board a guy wanted to convert an si to auto for his gf because she wanted an auto si and he did some research, plus i have two friends at diff honda dealerships and they both say not possible, the si engine is a diff series from any of the other civics,