Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Manually shifting on an AUTOMATIC Civic...is it okay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Manually shifting on an AUTOMATIC Civic...is it okay?

look my car was an auto and the kid that had it before me did this constantly.. it works wonders on my car...actually i have to do it now.. cause the gears wont go in the spider gear.. i hit 60 in first because it slipps the tranny sooo much.. my friend used to do this in his bronco... ur auto downshifting is not for racing..or getting ur car to "jake brake" if ur trying to slow down like that think of it as ur just putting more stress on the gears... if u would like i will let you drive my civic well.. if i can even drive it.. and then u can see how much it will hurt ur car.. dont abuse the car just because it was free to you..someone might want it cheap..and they dont want a pos car... please be reasonable.. "your civic is ur friend..dont abuse the relationship"-mxs

Old 02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my_hidden_romance

"your civic is ur friend..dont abuse the relationship"-mxs
Hey, that quote is actually from Street Sniper, and I credited him properly

Old 02-09-2006, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

sorry.. street snipers quote!! i was pulling it off the top of my head!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

its a stupid idea and it will ruin your transmission.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:22 PM

i love these comments people leave (sarcasm), they are so unhelpful. btw, a lot of things will 'ruin a transmission'.

the reason why i asked this is b/c i found some links that say its okay to do it and i just wanted some verification of that but all i get is knucklehead responses like 'don't do it b/c its bad' or 'you're ruining ur transmission', stuff retards can come up with no evidence whatsoever.

but the links below seem to say its okay for a person to shift an automatic manually
as long as a person isn't abusive with it, just like using a manual, if a person is abusive to the car using a manual, that's going to 'ruin the transmission' also (ever hear of an f-ed up clutch?!?):

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/030806.htm

http://www.startribune.com/131/story/163720.html

Old 02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

You posted on here to get an answer to your question, but then you get an answer that you don't like and get pissed? That doesn't make any sense. If you think that its OK for you to do that, go right ahead. I doubt that anyone on here cares if you blow your trans or not. THey are giving thier advice/opinions. Listen to it if you want, ignore it if you don't like it. Don't come crying back here if your trans blows.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:34 PM

There is a reason why automatics are called automatic's It was not made for you to shift it yourself, thats what a 5 speed is for.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

exactly what i have to say.. thank u for reading my mind and agreeing agent...

you dont wanna hear what we have to say get off our forum.. you are going to break teeth on ur tranny.. HERE WHAT AN ANSWER

YES its perfectly fine to do to ur ricer transmission..hell throw a cup of rice in ur gas tank ull increase ur gas mileage... dont come around if u dont want to hear whats best for ur car... now ur welcome here..but not when u argue with our responses....GO TO THE HONDA DEALER.. ASK THEM IF IT WILL KILL UR TRANNY..they will say the same thing as everyone of us here who has put wrench time in to our civics would say

Old 02-09-2006, 06:23 PM

i'm pissed b/c the answers s*ck, they're one sentence answers and give NO EVIDENCE or explanation. i just want some knowledge no simpleton answers that a 12 yr old can write.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:26 PM

well i've seen plenty of f-ed up clutches, does that mean shifting a manual is bad for the transmission? no, but if u shift ur civic abusively and aggressively and are human (ie miss gear occastionally) then ur going to f up ur manual. there's a proper way and an improper way. and i suspect there's a proper way and an improper way for shifting an automatic.

Quick Reply: Manually shifting on an AUTOMATIC Civic...is it okay?