Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Ej1 auto to 5 speed update

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:31 PM
HCF Member
Default Ej1 auto to 5 speed update

ok so i know alot of people wanna swap their auto tranny to 5 speed.... it's kinda simple but hard work and lots of cash required but its so possible.... well with everybody's help from HCF, including MARTY,FIIRKAN, and everybody else that helped me...its coming along really well...
its in the shop right now getting worked on ....i will keep you guys posted so you all can know if im successful on the swap photo's and vid may be here to show you all but i dont know....

Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ej1 auto to 5 speed update

ok im running into some kinda problem here..... im using a 91 si cable tranny for my 95 ex auto to manual swap..... one thing i forgot is the speedo sensor, the cable tranny got a cable for the speedometer and the 95 ex got a electronic sensor..... is there a jdm tranny that got the electronic speedo sensor the fits the 91 si tranny???? cuz i just heard of someone mention that theres a jdm electronic sensor that fits the 91 si tranny if anyone knows what it is let me know and if anyone have one, ill buy it off of you all! please help lol

Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 PM

I want to eventually perhaps do the same so keep us all posted. You should do a write up of all parts needed and total cost. That would be awsome!

Old 08-26-2006, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

ok guys i'm almost done with the auto to manual sawp on my car..... i ran into a bunch of problems because im using a 91 si cable tranny for my 95 civic ex, i took the rear tranny mount off of the 91 si , put it on the car, but the tranny was a lil too low so i h ave to modify it.... the linkage was about 2 inches short so now i have no console cuz the console wouldnt fit the shifter, the shifter has to be move 2 inches towrds the fromt of the car so wha i try to put back the console it wouldnt go in right, and last but not the lease the last thing i need to to to make the car run is the pedals.... i have to cut the pedals that came out of the si... cut the clutch pedal bracket and weld to fit it to the one on my car right now.... shew bunch of work but i should have it running by monday or tuesday .... wish me luck !

Old 08-26-2006, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

Good luck man. Please PLEASE do a detailed write-up. Did you do the installation yourself?

Old 08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Cat Fuсker

I think fitment problems in your case come from using different generation parts. So anyone who'd be matching their part gens would have little to no fitment problems

Old 08-27-2006, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

I think fitment problems in your case come from using different generation parts. So anyone who'd be matching their part gens would have little to no fitment problems
oh i know, just i like the cable tranny better for some reason, i thought it would've been easier to install, but i guess i was wrong, but i know its easier to fix..... by the way , does anyone here wanna sell a ex gauge cluster for 5 speed???

Old 08-27-2006, 07:10 AM
HCF Member

If you're going this far, don't hack job it: get the cables lengthened, it's not that big of a deal...

That would be dumb if you went so far and still didn't get a good fit and finish.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

If you're going this far, don't hack job it: get the cables lengthened, it's not that big of a deal...

That would be dumb if you went so far and still didn't get a good fit and finish.
oh, im not hack jobbin it , just the linkage was a lil short, im using a 94 integra console or something in that line so my shifter wont be too lonely, got it a lil figured out, just need to make the interior look better, everything else is done, but the pedals

Old 08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

I hear its easier to get a sawzall and trim an inch or so from each side of the automatic brake pedal, and then just add the clutch pedal......otherwise uve gotta drop the steering colum to replace them as a whole. Id trim the brake pedal.......after u put some aftermarket or even a rubber cover over it, youll never know the difference.

Quick Reply: Ej1 auto to 5 speed update