Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Clutch Release Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Default Clutch Release Questions

I've been helping my son with a swap in his 93 Civic. He bought a 92 Integra with a b18a that he drove home but was rotted out after his motor jumped time and destroyed the engine. He got a new 2 stage clutch kit from Fidanza (clutch,bearings,and flywheel) and put it in but now we can't get the clutch to disengage. It seems/feels like the release bearing isn't traveling far enough to disengage the clutch. We have pulled the tranny off again and found the release fork spring was broke but I don't see that as a problem with the clutch not disengaging. The new clutch and flywheel seem to be about an inch smaller/shorter than OEM. Would that be enough to cause that problem? Any input I get will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

so the clutch problem is in the B18a?

make sure the clutch is for a 90-93 integra and not a 94-01 integra. if the the clutch is an inch smaller in diameter that isnt right. should be the same exact size. also if the clutch fork was broken then that would also keep the clutch from disengaging.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 AM

Thanks Kevin , I'll try and make this clearer, The clutch/flywheel combination as bolted up to the motor sticks off the block about 2" with new clutch, 3" with stock clutch. That means bearing must travel about an inch farther to contact the diaphragm spring. The fork is not broken just the spring that pulls the bearing back is broke although I plan to pick up a new fork and spring tomorrow if any of the local dealers have them in stock just in case the fork is worn enough to not allow contact.