Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

automatic shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Default automatic shift kit

Anyone know where I can get an automatic shift kit for my 03 honda civicLx? I'm on a budget so whereever I can get the best deal would be great.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: automatic shift kit

they are not offered

Old 03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

give the guys at levelten.com a call. i checked there website but it doesnt tell you what year auto trannys are covered as far as upgrades are concerned.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:44 PM

I'll do that.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:07 PM

I would not touch level ten with a "ten foot pole", LOL.

They built me a $4K, 46RE trans for my Jeep (5.9L 360 ci pushing only about 330 HP and 400 lb/ft torque) and made it totally undrivebale as a daily driver.

After I made some adjustments to make it better it was somewhat better but still horrible. So I brought it back to them. Keep in mind it was two hours from where I lived and had to get rides to drop the car off and pick it up every time. I described what I had done to them and what was wrong (shuffle shift from 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 etc in traffic under light throttle) and what I had done to make it better.

They called me the next day telling me it was all fixed and that the kickdown cable (which I had adjusted to make it work better.....and it did work much better after my adjustments than when they gave it back, but still not acceptable for $4k) was incorrectly adjusted and that they had fixed the problem completely. I picked up the car and was right back to square one because they adjusted it to make the thing impossible to deal with again.

Called them again, and they basically said "deal with it, we have no solution, this is what happens with a built trans, and go away".

They do not know what they are doing -- I would stay away. There are other companies out there who have rememdies for increased line pressure and shuffle shift -- L10 does not. Talk about " I spent 4 grand and all I got was this lousy t-shirt". Well that is the case with level ten.

I eventually sold the vehicle for 13K when there was over 50K into it because I was so fed up with it and was not buying yet another trans for the damn thing.

Maybe they know more about honda's than they do about Jeeps, but from what I dealt with I would not count on it.

Even the outside rep I dealt with who used to recommend leven ten now recommeneds against it because all of his customers have had problems with them and he is tired of hearing about the issues day in and day out.

Hope that helps. They talk a good game but they do not back it up with thier products or their serivices.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:44 PM

yeah I've e-mailed them over 20 times with no reply. I think I'll give up and just wait till I can afford a 6 speed manual transmission sports car.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

weird.......level ten built our old powerglide and we never had a problem out of it. maybe there rep has gone down since then as well as there work. good to know though and after hearing that i retract my levelten recomendation.