Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

95 civic Lx auto to manual mounts???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
HCF Member
Default 95 civic Lx auto to manual mounts???????????

Hello I am still trying to find out what mounts I need for my 95 honda civic 4 door LXj 1.5L d15b7........will the junkyard manual mounts work or do I have to order some special ones?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: 95 civic Lx auto to manual mounts???????????

I believe junkyard ones will work

Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

nice lmao well the junkyard close to me that I got all these parts from are MAJOR A holes.they knew I was converting my car...didnt get the bolts. I did get the flywheel and yes they took it off an engine to get one for me, ya think they could have given me the bolts???????? nope. I tried autozone for regular bolts and the heads hit the plate. I cant tighten them. The only way I can tighten them is if I use washers to raise the bolts up enough so they far enough away from the pressure plate.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: mr honda

Hello I am still trying to find out what car parts I need for my 95 honda civic 4 door LXj 1.5L d15b7........will the junkyard manual mounts work or do I have to order some special ones?
I think the junkyard parts will do. but be sure to check it its still usable, you can see by simply inspecting for cracks and moving parts.

hope this helps

Old 03-07-2008, 10:17 PM

one thing you might want to check because i ran into this problem. make sure the mounting point for the transmission on the top is in the right place. on the automatic on my 94 civic higher and on the 92 civic i took the 5speed out of is lower. but the mounts are the same. i didnt notice it and no one told me about that so i found out the hard way when the motor was tilting one way pretty noticable. plus the transmission mount in the front on the botom wouldn't bolt up all the way. just some info to consider. good luck to anyone who does this and have fun.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Ok yes thats what I am experiencing now.......engine tilt as you are describing. Did you find a solution?
I think the easiest way to fix this tilt is to insert metal plates between the mount and the trans on the upper passenger mount. Yes I also am only able to get in 1 bolt into the front stopper bracket.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

ok heres what I did to REALLY fix the problem. I ended up using the automatic mount and welded C shaped bracket that fit between the mount and the trans. Bolted the bracket to the trans with washers underneath the rear most bolt stud because the rear most stud is lower. Then bolted the auto mount to the bracket. I could have used the manual mount too but the weird rubber vibration damper on the manual mount is on top where as the automatic mount damper is on the bottom. With the manual mount installed, I could not get the air filter box to bolt down cause it hit this damper. So I didnt want to use the manual mount for this reason and the fact it would have required a little more fabrication. I dont think the automatic mount is any different as far as strength goes, its just different in bolt hole mounting design. Anyway I like my engine sitting normal, not all cockeyed. Plus my front bracket stopper mount lines up now