Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tokico suspenions kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:03 AM
HCF Member
Default Tokico suspenions kit

my ride height in the front is higher than the rear i know this isnt the right way to measure but 2 fingers in front and not even my tip of my finger in the rear i just
bought them a few days ago its right parts and i checked if i didnt mix it up. whatabout spacers for the springs does it work? will they mess up the struts? dont know what to do unless by new i dont think i can return them box was throw away

Old 03-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Tokico suspenions kit

their fine. the reason the gap is different between ur tires and fender is because the rear fender line is lower than the front fender line. if u wanted an even looking drop or raked stance, u shoulda got coilovers..

Old 03-10-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

thanks what about spacers in the spring? and ive heard coilovers are a ruff ride

Old 03-10-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: melito25

thanks what about spacers in the spring? and ive heard coilovers are a ruff ride
never heard of spacers for springs and i'd never do it...the springs are ment to work perfectly with the shocks and arnt ment to be tampered with, as with any other suspension kit. dont go screwin around with it unless u want problems. not all coilovers are a rough ride and some companies offer custom spring rates.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

Thanks

Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

what set up did you get? I have the same problem. i got the tokico blue hp and springs set that have a 1.4 drop all the way around. i can put three fingers in the front and barely one in the back. so i got some S-tech tein springs with a 1.9 front and 1.7 rear. it helped a little but i have subs and an extra battery inthe trunk which i have to take out. im hoping that will make it look even. my problem is that my 17" are hitting the fender wheel lip and i have to cut it out so i have clearance when i ride. but i feel you on the drop. coilovers are better for adjusting your ride height but make sure you get a decent set. but i'd try getting different springs.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

i got 1.75 in front and 1.5 in the rear and my trunk is empty not much of a rub im just going to bend the inner fender lip i heard of a guy using rubber coil spacers he said it work well. i dont knowif i ll do the same i have

Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

gforce79, post a picture of your ride because i am looking in on getting that set u(tokico hp's with tein s.techs)

Old 03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

ill get a pic up soon. i just got done this weekend with getting my rims to fit. i had to roll the fender lip in myself. i still have to get my subs and extra battery out of the trunk but i was able to get the car to ride with out any rubbing. the gap in a little more in the front but thats all the weight in the trunk. i will have a pic up soon but give mea little time to get it up loaded.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

as i said before i rolled the fender lip in and it help. if you decide to do that this is the best way to do it. cut the fender lip with many stress cuts about 1/2" apart and hammer them into the fender lip. sand and smoothe the cut metal and get 3m undercoating spray from a local parts store. it will protect the metal and your tire if it does hit. it makes a rubber like seal in the wheel well. make sure you get touch up paint if you chip your paint and tape up around the out side of the fender when you spray the undercoating. good luck and ill post pics soon to show everyone.

Quick Reply: Tokico suspenions kit