Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tokico Hp's with Tein S Techs and BloxLCAs

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Tokico Hp's with Tein S Techs and BloxLCAs

na im not that good at all but i do know what ive done.... i still get help al the time, but once ive used a product ill either aprove or unaprove parts. i wont recomend anything i havent used or tried before...

as to the LCAs you can always paint them just get a dish washer scratch pad green and scuff up the whole LCA then tape off the rubber bushings and paint away.... black paint if you want it to be kinda hidden or not that noticable.... your choice.......

i havent read to much into new LCAs but they do look stronger so IMO if your doing some hard driving like autocross or rally something super ruff they would definatly not bend as easy and hold up alot beter!
i used 6 washers 3 on each bolt but 4 might be enough..... camber isnt gonna wear your tires to much but it mostly looks.... i like my wheels to be pretty straight pretty much just cosmetic as long as its not to bad....

only reason i bought camber kits for my 99 now is i can go alot lower and to lift it and lower it twice a year i dont feel like adding and removing washers twice a year.LOL just take it to alignment shop and they got all they need to get it straight....

Old 06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

Okay, so I did the whole install yesterday. And wow, I can't say how amazingly easy the whole install was. My car has been in the state of California for its entire 12 year existence. NONE of my bolts were seized, and with an impact wrench, BLLLLAT BLLLAT the job was soo easy. I had 2 other people helping do the job, and a work truck that had practically every tool we could possibly need. I did the front end first and took the whole shock assembly and LCA off at the same time. We used a 30 year old spring compressor to compress the assembly, and remove the top hat. We used an impact wrench to remove every bolt. It was the most amazing thing ever. I can't imagine the job would be possible without it. NO problems whatsoever, other than the fact that when I got home, I had leaked all my coolant onto my driveway. So now I need a new radiator..

Old 06-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

good to hear.... i wish everyone didnt have seized bolts.LOL ive been plaged with them myself! LOL

so now get off your @ss and get some BEFORE/AFTER SHOTS UP

Old 06-01-2008, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

I took probably 30 pictures throughout the whole install and removal
and putting together the setup. I have extensive before and after pictures,
I left my camera at my brothers house in Rancho Cucomonga...60 miles away.
He's coming buy this week to install my new radiator. I'm kind of bummed to be honest,
I wanted my car to be a little bit lower. I can't decide if I want to just buy lower springs,
buy coil overs, or buy these rim's that are 948 dollars with tires, or do the mini-me swap.
I'm probably going to do the mini-me swap next. I'm going to be looking to buy a built head,
and get it done at the local Import swap shop.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

HEY A2B my drop is nowhere near the drop you got with those stock wheels....
I have 15's wrapped in 205's and theres a 2 finger gap.....
Shouldn't it be lower, it looks like theres nearly no gap with your stock 13's
from those pictures.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

Plesae help me.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

Give them time to settle then it should be a little lower.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well my stockers are 14s, not sure of tire size tho. i kept them on my other civic when i sold it

i believe my rear had about 2finger gap...
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...gstruts008.jpg
23inches from highest part on wheel arch...
i think on front and rear I THINK... been awhile.

MAYBE ITS JUST THE SHADDOWS...
BE WARNED..... LARGE PICTURES....
im uploading all the large pictures i have of the instal right now... theres like 34...
actualy suprised i have them on this computer. i guess i moved the pictures onto my new computer awhile ago. just happened to look and find them.

also when you instaled the springs did you line up the springs with the factory spring marks in the rubbers? top and bottom...... that could hold you up about 1/4-1/2inch MAYBE

Old 06-01-2008, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

I dunno, I'm just kinda sad. I just thought it would be lower and look a little more aggressive and I'm also really impatient.
I hope after a week it settles a little more, do you think having it on a flat surface as opposed to a slanted driveway would
do anything to help the process? Probably not right ?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member

it could settle after alittle bit.....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...X/DSC00134.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rroller-50.jpg

his is what looked like after awhile and when i rolled my fender lips on the rear.... not a huge difference but minor. some larger wheels will make it look beter as you can see...

but any lower and you will have a ruffer ride and go into alot more expensive parts.... thats about as low as you want to go on those struts ive heard.

lower definatly costs alot more cash!!!!!! i got about 520bucks into my koni yellow struts. ruffly 360bucks into the ground control coilovers for the koni struts, almost 300bucks into the Skunk2 camber kits front and rear. and 60bucks into the alignment for a total around 1,200bucks OUCH..... compared to like 500-600bucks for the HP/Stech drop.

if its worth it to ya to go lower..... but you have already got the parts on your car.... IMO rock it for awhile and if you still want to go lower start saving up
its not a cheap drop BUT I LOVE IT! very nice adjustable ride! but main reason i went with this setup is for a nice ability to adjust it..... here in indiana. winters can suck so i need all the ground clearance i can get without swaping suspensions every year... cause around here seized bushings are very common. i talked to the alignment guy and he agreed that almost all rear bushings on hondas that he does are seized solid.....

Quick Reply: Tokico Hp's with Tein S Techs and BloxLCAs