Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tein Stech questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Default RE: Tein Stech questions

you can just do it on the front or back. but might as well do em all. or it will look funny.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:43 AM

haha...i think i've posted this same answer like 4 times now tonight on various threads...it's ok though...i'll post it again

i have tein s-techs and tokico HP shocks on my 98 civic ex. I have 205/40/17 rims with this setup, and no rubbing issues at all. the drop is 1.9F/1.7R. as far as camber kits go, you dont necessarily need a camber kit for any drop less than 2". the shops can put in camber shims (aka washers) to adjust the negative camber. will save you a lot of money, but of course, camber kits are always a plus if You have one, just cuz u can always adjust it in the future if need be.

it's funny that you mentioned going up to the snow in the winter time. I actually do the same thing. I tried switching out my wheels in the winter so I can go snowboarding, and my stock wheels were 14" as well. with the tein s-techs on 14" wheels, it still looked ok. I had low pro tires on my 14" wheels though, so there was a slightly larger gap than a normal wheel with 14" rims on it, but it was ok.

As far as hard to drive with a lowered car in the snow...i haven't actually driven my car IN the snow with my rims on...i do take it up on occasion with my 17" rims on. the only thing I would worry about is if you went up with 17" rims on your car, if you need to use chains, you may have a problem with it hitting your wheel well. it is fairly close after lowering it.

With the tein s-techs the car isn't THAT low...you shouldn't have to worry about getting stuck in snow any more than if you weren't lowered.

I hope that hleps! if you need any pics, i have one in my sig (as you can see), else u can come on socalcivic and PM me (TorGa3iGhT) and I can try and find you some other pics I have of my setup.

Oh, i also have a front tower strut brace...u dont HAVE to put that on when u put the springs/shocks on...that's just an optional thing you can add later. Also, one thing to note...if you are going to put all this on, make sure to do it all at once. every time u play with the springs or shocks, u will need to get your alignment done, so better to do it all at once.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

^^ good reply...

TEIN springs are made to work with your stock shocks so you dont NEED them. Camber kits arent a MUST either... a simple alignment will fix your camber issues, and I HIGHLY recommend an alignment after changing your suspension.

Strut bars, sway bars, etc are all optional. They just stiffen your ride even more, but definately arent a must.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

Wheres the cheapest place to get these?

Old 02-13-2006, 10:08 PM

ebay..or i got mine from raceinspired.com for 140.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:11 AM
HCF Member

So POLO, your telling me if my camber is kinda off, I just go get an alignment and it will fix it!? Because if thats the case im not gonna spend the 300$ on a front and rear camber kit.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:17 AM

Basically, I believe they can fix minor cam problems with washers or shims, but major adjustments require a camber kit.
I have my S-techs, and I just ordered my Tokico shocks, so maybe this weekend I can get them on.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:19 AM
HCF Member

By the way TorGa3iGhT, YOU RULE, thanks for your input on ALL my threads, you helped me to be more confident on buying the hp, tein s-tech setup. And thanks to everyone else who gave me input, you ALL RULE!!

Old 02-14-2006, 12:22 AM
HCF Member

Your telling me if my camber is kinda off, I just go get an alignment and it will fix it!? Because if thats the case im not gonna spend the 300$ on a front and rear camber kit.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jonyg98civicex

Your telling me if my camber is kinda off, I just go get an alignment and it will fix it!? Because if thats the case im not gonna spend the 300$ on a front and rear camber kit.
yes, unless you have coilovers and a 4" drop (something drastic) then you will need a camber kit for that extreme of a change... but a 2" drop will only require a normal alignment.

Quick Reply: Tein Stech questions