Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Strut Bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:14 AM

nah, you're definitely the only one
seriously though, i am really surprised to hear this. i've been using ebay front and rear strut bars for 2 years and i've seen literally thousands of people use them with no problems. you are the first person i have ever heard have a problem with them.

i mean seriously, the strut bar is a metal rod with threaded ends and a bracket. it's kind of hard to make a crappy one.

and the other thing that makes this strange is: how the hell do you have enough chassis flex to snap a strut bar????

i take corners pretty hard on the back roads in my sol just for fun and because i can... i'd think if they were that crappy they would have snapped by now.

i think you just got a defective one, maybe with poor welds on the bracket? you should contact the ebay seller you bought it from... they might replace it, idk. i'd think they would, because i'm sure they've never had that problem before and would probably want to fix that because those ebay strut bars are usually surprisingly good quality. i think if you tell them how you've never seen anyone else have the same problem they might replace it because they'll know that it must have been defective.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-28-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

that was awhile ago i got the neuspeed one and im happy i was just to frustrated to deal with ebay they can shove that bar up there ***

Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i was just to frustrated to deal with ebay they can shove that bar up there ***
I LOL'd.

You do know that eBay is not the seller, right? eBay doesn't sell items. Different merchants use eBay to sell items.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Banned

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh yea

Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Banned

yea but ebay doesn't care if there merchants sell you crap as long as they get a piece there freaking nazies!!!!

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-28-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I know plenty of people with ebay ones that are just fine. I have the Megan ones which are about the cheapest name brand ones I could find and I like them.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

using and still using the ebay strut bars with no problem at all for about a year now

Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

yea but ebay doesn't care if there merchants sell you crap as long as they get a piece there freaking nazies!!!!
again, why are you mad at ebay? when you buy on ebay, you can view the sellers feedback, how much they've sold and their return policies.

ebay is not at fault

Old 03-02-2009, 06:46 PM

but that's at ebay's discretion, not yours.

Another thing... most stores in real life do the same thing.
Have you ever been to WalMart? They sell cheap *** electronics made by never-heard-of chinese companies and they're flimsy garbage. It's not just eBay.
The reason that can happen is because this is a free market.

Also... given the odd situation of you being quite possibly the first person in the world to break an eBay strut bar unintentionally, I would suspect that maybe other factors played into this. How do we know that you installed it right? Did you adjust the bar correctly? Probably not.

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
again, why are you mad at ebay? when you buy on ebay, you can view the sellers feedback, how much they've sold and their return policies.

ebay is not at fault
well, he's half right...
eBay is a bunch of ****'s... they used to be good but now they're raising merchant fees and crap, very unreasonably. all they want is money.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

soooo when i look for them on ebay just type in strut bars and find a cheap one?
oh and just to make sure an anti-roll bar is the same thing as a strut bar right?

Quick Reply: Strut Bars