Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Speedy...or Rota...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Speedy...or Rota...

ORIGINAL: Everyday Getaway

I might take those 17's off your hands if you buy the rota's
Sorry sold them locally already...

And it looks like the grids with tires weigh in 2lbs each lighter than the lite 6's...doesnt seem like thats enough difference to care about the weight...(but I dunno)

Here's a pic...they are gonna need a paintjob before I put them on...the custom gold he did doesnt suit me.
Name:  Picture095.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  87.5 KB

Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 PM

2lbs eachis a noticable difference in unsprung weight. atleast to me it is, some may not feel it...

Old 10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

Well I guess I will see if I notice here in a few days...once I paint them and it dries

Old 10-29-2007, 08:31 AM
HCF Member

Put them on now the way they are painted, I bet it will look pretty good on black.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:40 AM
HCF Member

Was thinking I might...if nothing else it will give me a pic to use in photoshop to change the colors. lol as it is the wife hates them. pretty sure she thinks I am dumb for getting rid of the lite-6's, she def doesnt like the gold...I'm up in the air about it. /shrugs. I'll put them on when I get home and get a pic up.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

also, what tires were on your old wheels, cuz nicer tires can often way more because of the reinforced sidewall and such.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rice_eater

Was thinking I might...if nothing else it will give me a pic to use in photoshop to change the colors. lol as it is the wife hates them. pretty sure she thinks I am dumb for getting rid of the lite-6's, she def doesnt like the gold...I'm up in the air about it. /shrugs. I'll put them on when I get home and get a pic up.
Decision made right there, leave em be cause she hates it

Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

The tires that were on it were Zexius XI-326 from Schwabs, they are a good tire not sure if they are superior to the toyo proxies though (toyo's are more $$).

But as a side note I would recommend the zexius tire to anyone. Awesome wet/dry weather traction. Both sets I've had were siped so I dunno how they would act w/o.

And lol yeah I should leave them gold...it would insure that she would never wanna drive the car. She already hates the seats...so she doesnt wanna take it when we go places (and I thought when I bought it the days of driving the Neon were over)

Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

Two pounds at each wheel is a big difference compared toeight pounds of weight from the body. You might as well get a Mugen sticker on the car because it's going to be a bit faster.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rit14623

Two pounds at each wheel is a big difference compared toeight pounds of weight from the body. You might as well get a Mugen sticker on the car because it's going to be a bit faster.
lol

Here ya go Fiirkan...she'll just have to deal for a while..until I decide I dont like em then go gun metal. I need to see em during the day.
Name:  Picture116.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  46.2 KB

Quick Reply: Speedy...or Rota...