Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

small suspension/tire/wheel project

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: small suspension/tire/wheel project

wasting money. unless you drive like michael schumacher, you'll never realize the true potential of a track-oriented suspension setup.

but hey, OEM suxx0rz...

Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 PM

Koni's and gc's might be a bit overkill if its just for spirited daily driving IMO. yeah its a great setup, but if u value a comfy ride, it might not be the best choice, not to mention pricey. if i were u, i'd look into something like Tokico Illumina's or KYB AGX's, both aregood adjustable shocks and i believe are a bit cheaper than Koni's. adjustability is great, say u want to have a real fun day of driving then just adjust them to a stiffer setting and then back to soft for regular driving. as for springs, if u dont care for adjustable rideheight and super stiff spring rate, go with some nice springs like Tien s-techs or Eibach Pro-kit. if u want adjustable ride height, maybe look into Skunk2 sleeves, i've heard good things about them and they can be had for a good price. tires are very important to handling. Azenis are great, but be aware that they do wear alot faster than most other tires since they are soft(which is why they grip so well). also, u need to take extra precaution when it rains, they dont track water very well. i'd suggest a lil more all weather friendly ultra high-performance tire such as the Kumho Ecsta SPT's. just look around for something that performs well all around and is in ur budget.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Damn im jacking this thread...

From what i have seen, the koni yellows are not much more expensive than the kyb agx or the tokico illuminas. The yellows can be had for $450, not sure for the others. I also heard that they yellows are also much more confortable than other shocks in general, even if riding on stiffer springs.

Just wondering if you know anything about falken ziex 512's?

Old 05-07-2007, 10:07 PM

haha i dun care. the 512 ziex are supposed to be pretty good and their at a good price. i thought about buying them for my other wheels and using them as a daily tire. still up in the air if ill get them or if ill just sell my other wheels..

Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 PM

yay
Name:  1-2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  48.0 KB

hope to install tomorrow and ill be back with a good review after saturdays race

Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: Partizan

Damn im jacking this thread...

From what i have seen, the koni yellows are not much more expensive than the kyb agx or the tokico illuminas. The yellows can be had for $450, not sure for the others. I also heard that they yellows are also much more confortable than other shocks in general, even if riding on stiffer springs.

Just wondering if you know anything about falken ziex 512's?
I love ziex 512's. Had them on my microvan and they were extremely nice tires.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 AM

wooo!!! my sway bar/subframe brace kit is here!! dont have any pictures or anything yet since im still at work[:@]i check the tracking info and it said it arrived at my house at around 11. gena install as soon as i get homemaybe i can get out of work a lil early...

Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 PM

finally...finished...damn subframe brace ****. got everything installed tho technically not 100% the correct way, but it should be alright. those 6 damn lil tack welds on the inside of the subframe were bitches. one of the mechanics at my work let me borrow his air hammer/chissle piece and i got 4 of the 6 tacks welds off with easy(air hammers are fun), but the other 2 i couldnt reach and i just cant think of another way that'd get them off(trust me i've tried a handfull of other methods with no luck). but w/e, the subframe brace fits great and everything else fits perfectly. after 2 hours(just today), i finally got everything put together and it feels great. i can feel the difference fo sho, less body roll and a tiny hint of oversteer(tho i havnt really taken any fast sharp turns like in a race). my BomzRacing rear lower tie bar dosnt fit with the subframe/sway bar on but i dont think i need it, the back end seems plenty stiff now.

anyways, pics..
Name:  IMG_0002-7.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  60.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0004-2.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  29.0 KB
err damn surface rust, need to polish my exhaust..
Name:  IMG_0006-4.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  79.1 KB
air hammer ftw!!!
Name:  IMG_0008-4.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  60.5 KB
tack welds ftmfl!![:@]
Name:  IMG_0009-2.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  31.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  32.8 KB

as for the rest of the project stuff, that'll come later on as time goes on. i really need to start saving more of my money so ill just get stuff whenever i feel funds will allow. still lookin to get: oem lip, EK sideskirts, mudguards, viper alarm/kill switch(will acutally happen next week), and maybe a couple other small stuff along the way. im planning by this coming winter, to have enough saved for a new suspension set-up, much much better, i cant freakin wait