Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Shocks needed for just springs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Shocks needed for just springs??

well, usually the ride height is a factor because the lower you go, the stiffer the springs have to be. Stiff springs compared to soft springs will make a big difference in the ride. I would say that 1.75 isn't very agressive drop so you should be ok. Again, this also depends on the stiffness of the spring. generally the stiffer the spring, the more "bounce" you will see.

If I were you, considering the moderate drop, I would not get dampers unless you are actually racing ur car and performance is a big issue. For normal everyday driving, your stock dampers will be fine.

Also, it isn't that much work to put in dampers after the fact. Dampers can be really expensive so it might make sense to put the springs in to see what the ride is like first. If you think it is no good, then it's not too late to get dampers. You can probably do the 4 corners in around 2 hours. So, if you goto a shop that's probably around 100 bux labour. If ur buying dampers (like 200 a corner), you might even be able to get it installed free anyway.