Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

questions on lowering my ride :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 AM
HCF Member

sweeet thx man i will look into those coilovers im checking as we speek

Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

I dont knw if this is too much to ask but is it possible for any of you wonderful members to explain or show me 1.5 drop to 2 inch drop. I wanna ride low but not too low thx in advance

Old 12-10-2008, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

We still need to know your car model and year before we can tell/suggest anything. and we have a photoshop subforum where people can edit an image of your car to look like what you want. If you provide a picture and tell them what you want, then they might help you out.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

1998 Civic DX or EX (not sure) A/T, stock everything

Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Don't get dropzone anything... it's garbage. With car parts it's kinda like "go big or go home" so to speak. What I mean is, you don't cheap out on your car. Get a real name brand.

My recommendation is what I have, simply because I have it and love it. I have KYB AGX adjustable shocks, and H&R Sport Springs. The KYB AGX's are adjustable and that's great because you can adjust them to the stiffness you like in a matter of like 30 seconds total for all 4. The H&R's are advertised to lower 1.6" in the front, 1.8" in the rear, but it's more like 2" all the way around. They can be had on eBay for $190 total after shipping. AGX's are like $330 total. You could also get KYB GR2's, which are similar but non-adjustable. They are less expensive.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:52 AM
HCF Member

I bought AGX shocks/struts(comes with dial to adjust stiffness) and H&R springs. The springs are soft and lower the car about 1.7" and 1.8" all around. But I run 2054017's and the front tucks a little while the back is flush with the fender.

You're going to have to roll the fenders for all four corners and for the front there's a section right above the middle of the tire that's going to have to be hammered down or else you risk that beam slicing through your tires. Just what I had to learn since I never saw this "warning" before I did my install lol

And when you're doing the new shock/strut install that's a good time to look at the bushings of other parts and see if they need replacing.

Soon here I'm going to replace the rear trailing arm bushings and the front sway bar end links, might even replace the rear lca. I figured if I replace them I'd never have to worry about them later, although some could use a replacing right now. Spend a little extra and have it running like new or better

Old 12-13-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
...and for the front there's a section right above the middle of the tire that's going to have to be hammered down or else you risk that beam slicing through your tires. Just what I had to learn since I never saw this "warning" before I did my install lol
Yea, that thing is a pain in the ***, and it's beyond me why it's even there. On of my tires has a gash in it from that. I cut away the loose rubber to prevent it from further unwinding off the tire.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Yea, that thing is a pain in the ***, and it's beyond me why it's even there. On of my tires has a gash in it from that. I cut away the loose rubber to prevent it from further unwinding off the tire.
well I never sliced my tires, but luckily the fender well was rubbing instead of the beam. I first pulled back the fender and was hammering it down, it's pretty easy, but tiring. On the other side I just hammered down where it was at without pulling back anything and it turned out just as good. I got the side too where a little piece may rub, just wanted the whole thing folded back.

the only time my tires rub is when I'm making a uturn or a sharp turn and there's a dip in the road at the same time.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:05 PM

go with coilovers...i say this because i had springs on my teg teg and the rear sunk with new shocks...the springs control the ride height not the shocks....coilovers all the way brother