Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need opinions on ride height

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Default RE: Need opinions on ride height

i can do without the flaming, there is a reson im asking the questions... cause I dont know!!! funny how that works. i dont know alot about this stuff, im only getting into it. Im simply asking these questions from people who obviosly know more than i do, so i dont make a mistake, and waste money. If im wrong, or what i want is stupid, just come up with a simple solution without pointing and laughing. Thanks for all of you who did actually help. I dont think 18's are all that crazy considering it can fit up to 20's without any modification. Im simply stating i want the widest tires possible to fit on the car, not the widest tires made, in case anybody made that mistake. I want it as low as possible without any modification. Like i said, this is new to me, and any help is appreciated. The only thing i know, is what looks good.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 AM

not flamming u buddy...u dont have to have the largest wheel to squeeze a wide tire on. just cuz its like a 20" wheel, dosnt always mean its gena be wider than every 15-16" wheel. I have 15x7's and can sqeeze a 225/50R15(currently on 195/50R15) tire on there so long as i roll the fender, and even still i will prolly rub just a tad. i believe anything wider than a 225 tire then ur gena be having some major rubbing issues. also, with something that wide, ur car wont steer as well. if u dont mind me asking, why do u want tires that wide anyways? i recomend the 15-16" wheels because u'll achieve that slammed look u want better and also the ride quality will be better. also, if u plan on going lower than about 1.75" drop ur gena have to look into a camber kit.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

just because "it looks good" doesn't mean it's good for your car.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

Nobody is flaming.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

Been searching for this information for about an hour now... This seems to be the most relevant thread... I also dont know anything about springs and wheels. Can i try and steal the thread and ask what all these things peeps r talking about, ie where can i find out more info?

Whats a camber kit, what are coilovers, what are struts. When lowering springs do you have to get new shocks? Ultimately i want a more controlled ride than the stock but not too hard as i do A LOT of driving.

I learned loads about exhausts from this site and now wanna know these things, can ne1 help?
Thanks

Old 11-01-2006, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

beefing wheel+tire combo size over stock gets much deeper than fixing fenders and slapping on wheels. expect to go through brake pads faster than normal, and tires too unless you can find a suspension fix to correct the geometry that is offset by the oversize wheel/tire combo. best thing to do is keep the wheel/tire size the same, just go to low pros if you're not to concerned about the smoothness of the ride.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: khomol

Been searching for this information for about an hour now... This seems to be the most relevant thread... I also dont know anything about springs and wheels. Can i try and steal the thread and ask what all these things peeps r talking about, ie where can i find out more info?

Whats a camber kit, what are coilovers, what are struts. When lowering springs do you have to get new shocks? Ultimately i want a more controlled ride than the stock but not too hard as i do A LOT of driving.

I learned loads about exhausts from this site and now wanna know these things, can ne1 help?
Thanks
yeah... I have too much to say about it though. It's going to take me a while to write up the whole thing, but I've been meaning to do it for a while.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:11 PM

well ive been doing some research, and ive decided to go with the eibach sprtline kit to drop it 1.4". What i mean by widest tire, is desired really. Im not a fan of the 15" or 16" wheel look. I figured i would go with a 17" wheel just to get the best of both worlds. I want to try and avoid rolling my fenders, but if i have to, well then i guess i have to, however; i want to try and avoid it. I want a wider tire mostly for traction, but i do desire less rolling resistance now that i really think about it. I used to race mountainbikes, so im kindof trying to use my knowlage of suspension and tires toweards that, but i do understand they are two completly differant worlds.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:15 PM

do you guys think that a pro spacer would help fix any rubbing problems?? or just create more?? http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...67278000026564

Old 11-12-2006, 07:58 AM
HCF Member

quote:

ORIGINAL: khomol

Thanks
yeah... I have too much to say about it though. It's going to take me a while to write up the whole thing, but I've been meaning to do it for a while.

Hmm.. well how about something in the meantime as a teaser..?

Quick Reply: Need opinions on ride height