Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

KONI yellows and ground controls LAST QUESTION for these. PLEASE HELP. no Orings or yes? Page 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: KONI yellows and ground controls help needed before instal.

ya i cannt wait to get this combo instaled! i got my new/replacement perches, oring and tool today. now im just waiting on the new sleeves to fit the konis..... tracking number says the 13th. he told me probably 3 days but they shiped it UPS and UPS ALWAYS TAKES 5DAYS even if its your neighbor sending you something.LOL i hate ups! they are slow and dont work saturdays. fedex is my favorite shiper!

o well i believe im off next friday so i can definatly intal them by then if not earilier.....

and another thing with the new perches i got.... they dont say Ground control UP DOWN.... thought that was kinda odd BUT its just cosmetic and probably wont be seen anyways, so no big deal i guess... im just wondering now if the new sleeves come with new perches... or if i have to reuse the perches on my stock shock sleeves.

guess ill find out next tuesday when i open the box....

so far im so shocked how FIRM you can set these struts!!!!! it looks like ill be able to make the suspension practicaly solid.. it will definatly take me some time to find a strut setting that i like. not sure if i set them firmer if it will keep me from rubbing as much if i lower it down pretty close to rubbing....
id like to keep the car kinda level id guess... so just depends how low the front can go before rubbing and then how low i set the rear... im sure i wont rub in the rear.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well i got the new sleeves just alittle bit ago but i wont be able to instal them for a few days because ive been sick as a fu**en dog all last night and still feel bad!

and the new sleeves didnt come with the screw perches so ill have to reuse the 2 good old ones...

and i also see now that the new sleeves have a pressed in spot in the bottom to grab onto the collor of the koni... tho im not sure if its just me or what not.... but my sleeves look kinda short from yours pictured.... maybe its just me tho. hopefully ill feel better soon and get these instaled

Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

If i'm not mistaken, you should have 2 "regular" length sleeves and 2 short sleeves. Same with the springs.
________
properties for sale Pattaya

Last edited by arust45; 09-10-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

with the stock struts they are... but with the sleeves for the KONI yellows they are all 4 the same length.
and wouldnt ya know wit something else I MISSED!!!!! i forgot to order camber kits for the front and rear DAM IT..... well needless to say im still gonna instal them tomorow! ill just have them adjusted as high as i can for now to be close to how it sits right now so it wont wear my tires to much.. i figure as soon as i get the camber kits i can quickly slap those on the car very fast and then go find out the ride height that i like. guess this will give me time to have fun with the struts firmness settings

ok EDIT just ordered camber kits. stunk2 tuner series up front and skunk2 camber kit in the rear.... thought id splerge alittle more than i did with my last 94civic when i used WICKED parts. i figure ill be adjusting this suspension at least twice a year... to lower it in spring and lift again in the winter.... dont want to cheap out there!

hopefully they come quick...

Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

OK LAST QUESTION I SWEAR about this setup....

are you suposed to use Orings on these koni sleeves?
i put 2 of the largest Orings on both rears that i have instaled already, but they sure dont hold anything. i guess i just put them there to prevent any posible wobbling.

so far i just got the rear instaled. just came in for a drink and ill go swap out the front.... i hope im doing this right!!!!! please help me out and tell me im doing it right or not....
so far this is going smoothly. now i just have to do the front. im droping it as far as it will let me in the rear just for kicks and YA IT LOOKS NICE. wicked negative camber.LOL but low!
the front i wont lower as much for kicks because of my inner fender liners. but i will lower it for a quick picture then back up close to stock height till i get my camber kits. then i will find the right height for my car and get it aligned.

i havent used any of the silver rings from the KONIs only the already instaled Cclip thats painted...

Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Rubeer o-rings?? I didn't even get any with my kit. You should have some thick rubber sleeves, that's what you need to use...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well i called GC and they said i didnt even need those thick rubber sleeves.
i still put them in the front but not the rear yet... i put those large Oring on them so they should be fine for a few days. ill swap them out and put the large rubber sleeves in the rear when i instal the camber adjustable arm.

Name:  KONIGC-18.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  248.5 KB

Name:  KONIGC-31.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  KONIGC-41.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  216.4 KB

thing looks sweet almost slammed... i had the rear all the way down and the front only at half. anymore and id run into some problems! at least if i tried to turn to far....
Name:  KONIGC-24.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  63.9 KB

Old 05-16-2008, 06:29 PM
June 2010 ROTM

lol, slammed!!

I'd hate to hear your car hit a bump, or a pebble for that matter, while turning![8D]

When you put the camber kit on though, you might have to rise the car up a little as the negative camber allows the wheels to tuck more without as much rubbage.