Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

HD Bilstien Struts! 2000 Civic DX

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

good idea. But will look stupid and again you will be made fun of.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

Not a big deal, a lot of people thought my car was stupid, a lot of people probably think your car is stupid, it's never ending.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
He's not going offroading, he has a dirt road as his driveway. Can't get anymore practical than that.
Well, if people want their cars lowered and have racing seats and tires on them, then why didn't they just buy a race car in the first place? same concept. Civics were made to be eco boxes, but people modify them into something they're not.
It will be fine for your goal. Don't worry about what other people think about it, they just dislike anything that's not jdm/oem styling.
Not a big deal, a lot of people thought my car was stupid, a lot of people probably think your car is stupid, it's never ending.
you hate the world odnt you ej6

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 05-25-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

^ yes, you're absolutely right, I hate the world...........

really though, I'm a realist, and it pisses people off and I love it

Old 05-25-2009, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

^ yes, you're absolutely right, I hate the world...........

really though, I'm a realist, and it pisses people off and I love it
no he is just mr. anti-civic since he no longer has one...If you were such a realist then you would have suggested getting a 4x4 cause according to you civics are eco cars. Last time i checked eco cars werent made for driving up bumpy dirt roads, trucks were. And to defend your next arguemeant that civics werent meant to be raced either, then why did you mod yours out? you did engine and suspension mods....

Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
no he is just mr. anti-civic since he no longer has one...If you were such a realist then you would have suggested getting a 4x4 cause according to you civics are eco cars. Last time i checked eco cars werent made for driving up bumpy dirt roads, trucks were. And to defend your next arguemeant that civics werent meant to be raced either, then why did you mod yours out? you did engine and suspension mods....
You're right, I'm a hypocrite. And for the questions, here's a shot.

I'm not anti-civic since I no longer have one. I would get another one if I could, but thieves and criminals in my area don't permit people to have modified hondas. If you'd hear some of the local stories of people's hondas getting vandalized and stolen, etc, you'd understand my unwillingness to get another one for now. It is a hassle dealing with vehicle theft and I'm not willing to give it another shot. I am a realist, I'm not going to sugar coat it. I didn't suggest him getting an actual 4x4 because that costs money and time, two things people lack these days. Trucks weren't really created for driving on bumpy dirt roads either, they were invented to haul items in the truck bed. All terrain vehicle were designed to drive off road. I modified my civic because it was a hobby of mine to keep me busy when I was young, and to help me develop an understanding of mechanics, which led me to become a mechanical engineer. I didn't do engine mods, only a couple suspension parts because I prefer firmer suspensions, just like the OP prefers the offroad feel. Not trying to anger you, just sharing my view. And please pm me further if something is wrong, I don't want to fill up the op's thread with anymore of my posts.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 PM
HCF Member

lol ^ that is why i say nnothing to ej6.... he rapes ****

Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
lol ^ that is why i say nnothing to ej6.... he rapes ****
nothing to worry about, it's all worked out.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

Well I don't want to go off roading or 4 wheeling.
My parents live up a dirt road and when it rains, traction is very difficult!
I would like 15" rims with a good dirt tire but still keeping the low profile look.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
jvp
HCF Member

Name:  CivRallyX.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  86.7 KB

**scratches head**

but looks like fun.

Quick Reply: HD Bilstien Struts! 2000 Civic DX