Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Ground Control coilover question... HOW DO YOU INSTAL THEM CORRECTLY?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Ground Control coilover question... which do i have?

ok where you guys getting this info.LOL because i cant find anything on there site about tech or installing them.LOL

and well
BAD NEWS....... the busted bolt would not come out!!!! i tried to to use a easy out on it and the easy out SNAPPED.LOL and i couldn't get it to drill straight anymore... to even try again....
BUT LUCKILY FOR ME..... just got off the phone from GC.... and they are only 20bucks.... HELL YA!!!!! unfortunatly i just spent 40bucks for a set of easy outs and batteries and ive only got 40bucks in my bank right now.LOL
so i figure ill order the oring pack and 2 new perches, maybe see about new bolts for them so i wouldnt have to clean up the old ones.... shouldnt be to much..... new bump stops all around. and maybe 2 top boots if he says i might need them. i might not need them.

so thats a good thing!

ONE MORE QUESTION...... which BUMP STOP should i get? the SOFT or FIRM? im guessing soft since im daily driving this car...

im gonna call them back friday and order everything since thats my payday [8D]
at least ill have everything for the coilovers complete. O CRAP just remembered i forgot to ask him the price for some koni yellows... o well ill ask friday.
so im still happy about the deal buying these used. for a min i was scared that lower perch would be expensive! lol

Old 04-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Ground Control coilover question... HOW DO YOU INSTAL THEM CORRECTLY?

ok well just got off the phone with GC to order the parts..
i ordered 2 new bottom perches, the Oring kit, and new bolts for the front 2 perches.

the guy told me that the yellows will cost estimated 180each.... i hope he ment each pair!!!!!

he sounded kinda busy so i let him go after ordering the parts....

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTAL THESE COILOVERS?
ive seen the DIY with regular coilovers forum... BUT what confuses me is the thick rubber sleeve GCs come with i guess...
these LARGE rubber sleeves.
Name:  DSC00157.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  205.6 KB

when i pulled them off the stock struts i got them on i only found like 1 Oring per strut. the DIY says use 2 per strut. JUST CURIOUS..... i really dont want to instal these wrong... i cannt find any instructions on GCs website...

i understand the rest... adjusting them/locking them. just not sure of geting the sleeves on them..
i do know that when i got the coilovers the sleeves were not tight at all. the rear ones seemed to be tight but not the front sleeves. BUT seeing how the kid before me screwed up with the spring placement im sure he didnt instal them correctly.LOL

which is why im at least smart enough to ask questions.
hoping to scrap enough cash together next month so i can order the new koni yellows and get these instaled on my black civic!
I CANNT WAIT TO FULLY TWEEK THE SUSPENSION!

ANY ADVICE IS APRICIATED!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Ground Control coilover question... HOW DO YOU INSTAL THEM CORRECTLY?

The o-rings are for certain brands of shocks, and the sleeves are for other brands of shocks... with my KYB's, it said to use the o-rings (I believe it was just the big ones, but I don't remember).

I'll go down to the garage and see if I still have the directions laying around somewhere so I can tell you what shocks use the o-rings and what shocks use the sleeves.

*edit: okay, I have the instructions here... for GAB/KYB/AGX shocks, you use two thick o-rings on each shock. On Tokico HP & Illumina shocks, you use a thin o-ring on top, and a thick o-ring on bottom. And for stock shocks, you use the split sleeves. I'm not sure, but I think for koni shocks you use the split sleeves, too... I'd wait for mxs or civicex to confirm it though.