Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Do i need a Camber Adjustment Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Do i need a Camber Adjustment Kit?

well from what ive read on civics you cannt just pop out the upper ball joint and pop in a new one... so im not sure even HOW this new one goes inplace...

i would rather replace the whole upper control arm... they look beter IMO.
and definatly ALOT easier to instal, just remove the strut assembly and pull the top 2 nuts from the upper control arms in the engine bay, they are staight up and preaty large nuts, and then after removing the upper control arm ball joint pin and nut you simply pop the ball joint loose from the knuckle and unbolt the top two bushings that go on the control arms and pu tit all back together. and tighten down the balljoint adjusting bolts as well, and then the alignment shop will do the rest of the tweaking.
preaty simple if ya know afew basics.

but rememeber if you have the shop instal them they will probably charge ya more for the time involved to instal them...

Old 01-29-2008, 02:13 PM

Cool, What do you think of coilovers with adjustable top mounts, would it be worth the extra money to save me a little more effort? The problem is though i use the civic to drive to work everyday so would getting coilovers make the suspension very stiff and harsh ride so much so that it would anoy me driving to work everyday? (considering that british roads are crap and bumpy!)

Old 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well from what ive heard with coilovers you DEFINATLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.... that ebay crap ive heard rides like crap!!!!
and FROM WHAT IVE HEARD ground controls are the best to buy because you can chose your spring rate! so you can order a spring rate that is perfect for a daily driver, or firmer for a track car. i plan on buying ground controls along with some nice adjustable koni struts as well.

i havent used them myself YET but ive have been highly recomended them from other members that have used them.
i love the fact that you can fine tune your ride height! cause with my Stech lowering springs the ride wasnt perfectly even on both sides, and thats mainly for the weight differences in the car.
and i love that idea! plus you can set the car up for summer driving by just adjusting it and in the winter being able to lift it back up.... tho you still have to have a alignment done every time you adjust them!
so find out where you like the ride height and then get a alignment.