Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

complete suspension rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Default complete suspension rebuild

okay so here's the deal. i need to completely redo my suspension, from sway bars to coilovers, to whatever. the problem is i'm not exactly sure on how to go about it. so if anyone could make a list of everything i should probably try to get, to receive the best possible suspension set up i would appreciate it.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Default RE: complete suspension rebuild

hey, I'm in the process of doing the same thing to participate in slaloms so here's what I got up to now:

-Eibach's anti-roll kit (anti-sway bars) seem to be one of the best and most celebrated in this forum. They run for less than $400 US.

-Lowering springs to lower and stiffen your ride. If you get those then you'll need new shocks also. I'm not sure about the best quality vs. price companies but just take a general look on ebay to see what you're gonna be paying.

-You'll also need a camber kit to avoid uneven tire useage when you lower your ride.

Also, you might wanan rethink your tires too if you still have stock one. Stiff suspension is nice but low profile tires have a stiff sidewall that helps it from roling under your wheel. Stock tires cary too much potential flex since the sidewalls are huge.

Right now i'm looking at DropZone shocks + coilover package that goes for about $260 on ebay. Its adjustable from 0 to 4 inches and I think you can adjust it anytime with a crank.

Anyways, this is pretty vague since i'm still learning about new setups and whatnot everyday.

Just in the time being, check out ebay for an idea of your total spending...

Old 11-29-2005, 09:59 PM

try omni power they make quality coliovers with pillow ball mounts for $700, lower cotrol arms in aluminum, front and rear camber kits you can get it all on www.passwordjdm.com also replace all of the bushings with polyurethane from energy suspension. neuspeed makes good strut bars and sway bars. function7 also makes insanely sweet lower control arms for like 200 bucks and they are all polished and seriel numbered very high quality.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:04 PM

also if your into drag racing, or weight savings/ turbo clearance, check out a full race front crossmember with traction bars. it is a bolt on item saves about 40 pounds, and gives clearance for a 4-1 header or a large turbo manifold.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:24 PM

I just have a quick question: do all civics come with front sway bar? should this fit right on my 98 lx?
I'm just asking since the Eibach anti-roll kit only works with a front sway bar or an aftermart lower arm.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

wow..your just getting a make over for your car eh, outside on the "de-ricing" and now suspension...sweet

Old 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM

i don't know if all civics come with front swaybars, i don't believe they do

Old 12-01-2005, 06:39 AM

civics arent stock with any kind of sway bars
to set the record straight
i dont think civics are really meant for anyhting but being good gas mileage cars
i guess i'm just an idiot for owning one

Old 12-01-2005, 07:02 AM

If people were to buy an Eibach anti-roll kit, what else do you need to purchase to have it installed?

Old 12-02-2005, 12:40 AM

you're gonna need a control arm that will support the bar

cause unfortutantley our civics dont come with any sort of sway bars. atleast my year didn't. i don't think any of the ex's and such do. but i could be wrong,, anyways, yeah you'll need a new control arm.

Quick Reply: complete suspension rebuild