Product Review Section This section is for product reviews ONLY. READ RULES PRIOR TO POSTING!!

Ebay "Style" Strut Bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 03:39 PM
HCF Member
Default Ebay "Style" Strut Bars

Price $36 for the pair
Whip: 2000 Ex Coupe

I did some research into improving handling with bolt on parts and the easiest solution was strut bars. I then looked at prices and thought that 150-300 dollars per bar was unbelievable. So I asked around and got dimensions from the ebay seller. They match similarly with the cusco bars that was my expensive option. After doing my research I thought that the ebay bars would be a much better buy. So I purchased them on Ebay for 36 after shipping. The install time was about 15-20 including taking out and putting up tools. The handling was greatly improved. The neutral steering position was tightened and cornering was drastically improved. I took some friends for rides and they couldn't believe it. There are some thing that replace oem parts on a car that you may not want to get from ebay, strut bars are not one of them. They Bolt on with two bolts and do not replace any other parts. Therefore the worst that happens is the snap and then you just take it off and it is fine

Conclusion: Ebay strut bars are a great Buy!!!!

1st post knickerbockers

Old 10-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Default RE: Ebay "Style" Strut Bars

mmm sexy. i've been considering a set like that for a while, good to hear that you're happy with them!

Old 10-06-2005, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

100% agree, I love mine and they only set me back $70 for all 4.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

I got an E-bay style front strut brace for free and I am stoked with it. How tough is it to mess up a chrome-moly bar, really? Good buy in my pinny-pinching opinion. I will probably get the rear brace too.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

Ditto. My $30 front and rear struts did the trick pretty good.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Can anyone tell me what the difference in handling is between doing only the uppers vs doing all 4 (uppers and lowers)?

Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 PM

how do u kno it is a safe buy and it will fit ur car? im already iffy about buying on ebay and buying ebay style parts seems really risky to me.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: civicexracer
how do u kno it is a safe buy and it will fit ur car? im already iffy about buying on ebay and buying ebay style parts seems really risky to me.
Then you better save up your cash and pay big $$$ from a parts place. You'll have peace of mind, but less cash.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

how do u kno it is a safe buy and it will fit ur car?
Were you unable to read the six posts above yours? Look at the seller feedback and it speaks for itself. Here's the name of the Ebay seller I bought from: hiprospeed . He took a while to ship because he oversold his product, but I've been 100% satisfied with my struts. Ebay is like the swap meet, you have to know where to look and who to buy from.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

I bought from hiprospeed as well. His shipping was overpriced but I think he has the best strut bars on ebay for the 6th gen. I emailed for specs on them and he won. Anyways they don't replace another part so they aren't dangerous or harmful to your reliability or yourself.

Quick Reply: Ebay "Style" Strut Bars