PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Honda SI Alloy Rims & Low Pro Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Default Honda SI Alloy Rims & Low Pro Tires

*SOLD*
My dear Honda Civic was a victim of the great Madison flood of 2006 last Thursday. However, my newer Honda SI rims survived unscathed. My insurance guy told me I wouldn't see anything back from the $1700 I recently shelled out for these rims and tires, so I swapped them for the original steel rims and am listing them for sale here. Here's the break-down:

Honda SI 7-spoke 15" Alloy Rims - $225 ea = $1000 (plus shipping + tax)
Brigestone Potenza Low Profile Tires - 205/50R15 $150 ea = $600

Total: $1600+
Asking: $550

These rims and tires are around a year old. They were on a 99 Civic EX (Family car) that was gently driven by my wife (carting around our children to the grocery store, etc..). The tires have less than 8k miles on them (tons of tread left). The rims will fit Civics, del sols, Preludes, Acuras, or anything with a 4x100 bolt pattern. They do have a few minor scratches on them from normal driving, and in all honesty, the plastic center caps have some oxidation (these can be replaced fairly cheap on line). However, these rims look amazing.

I did nothing to these wheels to prep them for photos (such as wax them or applying armor all). All I did was wipe them off. I'm sure a fresh cleaning and coat of Armor All (or similar product) will make them look even more amazing. You can save on shipping (which is why I love craigslist). If I don't hear back on these soon, they'll go onto e bay where people are paying $600 for these exact rims (without tires) and then paying $100 to get them shipped. Tires are located in Madison, WI - Local pickup please! You can check out pics through the link below.

Cheers

Link To Pictures

Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda SI Alloy Rims & Low Pro Tires

dude , where u gettin the price $1000 for si rims? my cuzin jus bought them brand new for 359 for all 4 with tires, hate to tell u but $1000 is an inaccurate quote , and they are sellin for 99 bucks a piece on ebay without tires, and they are brand new in box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALLOY...spagenameZWD1V

Old 07-30-2006, 11:41 PM

Dude,
I bought them from a HONDA dealership... Not hitachi. Please refer back to the auction you quoted and read the fine print. It does appear to be the same wheel (at first glance), but I don't think it is... These are popular rims, and I've seen a number of knock offs. not sure if this is, but it sure seems odd... Also, I don't make claims based on ebay prices, I only said what I paid for them.

Here's a quote from the auction: "1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC ALLOY WHEEL FR=RR
Diameter 15, Width 6 (7 SPOKE, 4 LUG), Hitachi manufactur Brand New in Box, aftermarket replacement part . Now you can get OEM quality at 1/4 the dealer price!! Don't let your vehicle not pass inspection because of a bad alloy wheel fr=rr, rh=lhs. Replace your broken, sand blasted looking, yellowed, or damaged one now with this great looking, great fitting, alternative. It meets or exceeds OEM specifications."

I don't think my post was out of line.

Update: Just checkd the seller (out of curiosity) and most all they sell is knock-off aftermarket "replacement" parts. Many of their negative feedbacks are complaints about products not being up to OEM quality. Dude, I think you're cuz prob bought knock-offs (but who knows). MY HONDA rims are OEM (bought from Honda), not aftermarket "replacements" manufacturered by Hitachi. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize (I'm man enough to do that), but I won't apologize for quoting what I paid for them (from Honda). If you're wrong, are you man enough to apologize too? It's all good.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:36 AM

Wow, 93civic shaved, you essentially killed my thread...

No worries. I'm getting a ton of interest here locally. Though no one has actually taken the rims yet. They're still available

Cheers

Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

didnt mean to kill ur thread, jus prices are too high, and the ones from ebay are an identical replica, ....good luck on the sale though

Old 08-01-2006, 12:20 PM

Yes, I'd say they are indeed identical replicas. However, a replica piece of art might sell for $5000, whereas the original might sell for millions. (extreme example, yes), However, replicas are NOT the same as the originals and cannot be compared price-wise. Sorry. Apples to oranges, and such. You can buy a lambourghini kit car (built on a VW chasis) that will look identical to the orig., but it still won't be original (or cost anywhere as much).

In my humble opinion, It's just bad form to bust into a for-sale posting and slam their asking price (especially when your example is a lower cost "replica" part for comparisson). I'm not worried about the end result, as the rims will sell. I wish you well and have no hard feelings (it's only a website), but I'm not one to sit back and let people use bad forum ettiquette. So thats why I am calling you on it. If you don't like a price, just don't buy it (is a good motto). Anyway, best regards

Old 08-02-2006, 10:41 PM

The rims and tires sold tonight. Thanks for all the interest.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:25 AM
HCF Member

What interest? lol joke, wtg on the sale man.

TiCkEr