PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Central PA: 91 Civic LX, Brown, 195k miles, $400 o.b.o.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Default Central PA: 91 Civic LX, Brown, 195k miles, $400 o.b.o.

LOWERED PRICE!!!

$400 o.b.o. (I'm not sure what it's worth... so o.b.o. means exactly that... BEST offer,,, meaning u can offer lower or higher... anything reasonable will NOT be turned down)

UPDATE:
195000 approx
1991 civic lx
brown
automatic

some problems:
* hole in radiator (plugged with epoxy)
* rear bumper hangs a bit
* one of the locks, the tip broke off, so it's hard to open (easy to lock)

My church's pastor has a 91 (Can get exact details later) for sale. It was running FINE until battery died. So MOST parts should be in working condition. It is located in Centre County, State College, PA 16801.

Salvage/Junkyard offered $100 picked up. I suspect it's worth more in parts alone.

What do you think? Woud anyone be interested? Is parting out the best option? Would someone want the WHOLE car? Locals? Shipped? (I don't think it'd be worth to ship, but who knows?)

The battery was replaced, but it won't start. The car is not currently registered/inspected, so AAA won't tow it; at this point, he does not want to spend money to get it checked out.

The situation, however, is exactly as I described. The car ran until battery died. Battery was replaced, but now it won't start. It may need a couple of things to pass inspection. He suspects it's probably under $400 to fully repair, but we're not sure. Depending on the interest, I can get involved and try to get it fixed up. I told him I'd try to sell it through forums b/c he was just gonna donate it as a tax write-off for our church.

That's the history behind it.

More pictures to follow.

BTW, I'm on a '05 b15 sentra spec V... now that the 4 door SI's coming out, I'm sad, but pretty happy w/ the car. Only small audio work done, and very minor mods. Hello everyone! =) Greetings from Happy Valley. We are! -_-;;

Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Central PA: 90 or 91 Civic

PENN STATE!!
I go to PSU and am interested in the car. Email me with details @ kimsuprapa@yahoo.com.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:32 AM

195000 approx
1991 civic lx
brown
some problems:
* hole in radiator (plugged with epoxy)
* rear bumper hangs a bit
* one of the locks, the tip broke off, so it's hard to open (easy to lock)

Old 10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Cat Fuсker

Pictures must be posted

Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

Im gonna be needing a winter beater soon so, Once I see some pics Ill let you know if Id be willing to come pick it up. SO all it needs is a new battery to start up? or does it possible need a new alternator also?

Old 10-26-2006, 02:19 PM

Old 10-26-2006, 02:24 PM

The battery was replaced, but it won't start. The car is not currently registered/inspected, so AAA won't tow it; at this point, he does not want to spend money to get it checked out.

The situation, however, is exactly as I described. The car ran until battery died. Battery was replaced, but now it won't start. It may need a couple of things to pass inspection. He suspects it's probably under $400 to fully repair, but we're not sure. Depending on the interest, I can get involved and try to get it fixed up. I told him I'd try to sell it through forums b/c he was just gonna donate it as a tax write-off for our church.

That's the history behind it.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:27 PM

how much

Old 10-26-2006, 02:49 PM

I did a quick KBB and it returned $1,280 for fair condition.

This is NOT my car, but I do want to get a fair value back for my pastor, so...

I just e-mailed him asking how much he wants for it, but, depending on interest, we can work down from KBB or work up from $100 OBO (haha... that's what he's already been offered by junkyard)...

In short, I have no idea how much. I'll have more pictures and a "wanted price" later, btw. Also, it's an auto.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 PM

His answer was exactly what I would think... anything more than $100.. haha

So let's start at $700 O.B.O. Preference will ALWAYS be given to locals - anyone within driving distance, even if they can't match price.

Quick Reply: Central PA: 91 Civic LX, Brown, 195k miles, $400 o.b.o.