PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

'99 Civic Watercraft for Sale - RARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Default '99 Civic Watercraft for Sale - RARE

For sale: One slightly used, but in great condition 1999 Honda Civic Watercraft edition for sale. Make me an offer. Don't worry, it was able to hold way more water than the pictures show. The water was actually up over the dash board.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2585/39088A7A294A417C9E0B6160D81DBBE9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Default RE: '99 Civic Watercraft for Sale - RARE

Another view:

[IMG]local://upfiles/2585/6D89EC50B35F439581EF4437F2713679.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-29-2006, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

hmmm looks like a good deal. Price? location? ( just playing )

Old 07-29-2006, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

Price and location, I am not playing.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 PM

WI - I have not decided whether to buy the salvaged car from the insurance company. They said I have the option should I want.. However, the body panels and such are all in EXCELLENT cond., so I'm sure the salvage amount wil be higher. Everything else was water-logged. I pulled my amp/subs/wiring, however most all the other electronics are fried. The amp and subs got wet, but the water receded so fast, I was able to pull them and dry them out before too much perm damage was caused (hopefully). What s a car like this worth do you think? If someone offers up a decent amount (at least more than the insurance co wants for it), I'll tell the insurance company I'll buy it, and then turn around and sell of for scrap/parts to the person who wants it. I don't want to make a ton of money on it, but it would have to be worth the trouble. I bet the parts on it would be worth something. I just don't have the time to mess around with it.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

well I wouldnt put a high price on it but do not expect to get alot of money out of a car that been flooded. since the interior is gone and I am sure in a bit it will be rusted and the engine would have water in it you would have to drain that. but do not expect to get barely anything for it.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

how much to buy it from the ins. company?

Old 07-29-2006, 08:45 PM

I never started the car (or even attempted to) during the flood. It simply rained and flooded (while parked in a lot). , then drained away within hours. I imagine the elctronics are shot. I also imagine the interior smells bad right about now... I am thinking it wouldn't be worth my time... Leave the parting out to the insurance company. I only mentioned it cuz Marty seemed interested.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:31 PM

Marty, they haven't offered it up yet. They haven't even offered a total settlement yet. This all happened 2 days ago and the insurance adjuster is in another state (not happy with ins co). They said I'd get "fair market value", which wouldn't reimburse me for the SI rims I put on, the ruined $2,500 stereo, the tinted windows, or the factory spoiler I had installed.

So, I just swapped the nice rims with the orig steel rims, and will be selling the 15" SI rims and low-pro tires for a decent price (prob 1/3 orig price). The set-up retailed for around $1600 with rims & rubber. I'll probably let them go locally for around $500. Does that sound fair?

Old 07-29-2006, 09:57 PM

Oh man,
Sorry to hear about your ride, I live in WI too and quite a few of my buddies ended up in the same situation. I only lucked out due to my driveway being on a incline but my street got flooded too in that "flash flood". Mother nature really socks it to us sometimes. Oh well, I hope things pick up for ya. If you need a new ride, hit me on PM, a guy I work with is selling a 00 ex coupe (SI clone) could prob get a good deal on it.

Quick Reply: '99 Civic Watercraft for Sale - RARE