Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Worlds largest nuclear detonation

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:43 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Worlds largest nuclear detonation

Think about it guys, that was in 1961(45 years ago) There is larger out there now. I'd about bet that with the level of advancements that have been made a bomb powerfull enough to knock the earth off it's axis has been built.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

There's rumor(based on fact) that the USSR had a nuclear bomb that has enough power to blow up the entire earth surface, that was a long time ago. Since the fall of soviet, the development of nuclear in Russia has been interrupted and not funded. I dont think they have any more advanced ones.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Nice word choice on the narration of that video calling the Czar bomb a "masterpiece." Humans: A+ at destroying eachother.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

How about we can use 1 missle with 10 individual rockets on the inside of it to hit 10 targets of choice. So why do we have to worry about a damn bomb that has a cloud that can 14 miles high but still sorch the earth surface.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: D17SOHC

If we could only harness that power for something useful!..................?
Except for, you know, nuclear reactors/power plants

Old 07-28-2006, 12:30 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Ummm I didnt say technology I said Power. The difference between a nuclear power plant and a Bomb has to do with the uranium enrichment process. A power plant can use 2 to 3 %
percent enriched uranium to boil water, where as a nuclear bomb needs 90% enriched uranium or (weapons grade uranium) to produce the amount of power it yields. I dont think this is the place for a E=MC sqared explanation............ Ill let you do the math on that one! .........ask the people who used to live on Love Island and Chernobyl how controlled it is?

Old 07-29-2006, 01:16 AM
HCF Member

This might be a dead thread but I at least need to say that the chernobyl disaster was almost expected from the get-go. First off, it was an RbMK reactor which was, at the time, like trying to build a dinosaur out of fish bones. They were constantly undermanned, poorly trained, and waaay to curious to be running tests like they did at 3am. Anyways, they screwed up because they dropped the rods in too fast and took them out even faster to cool the water down in a panic. The main safety guy was a cocky communist son of a b that didnt even think his crap smelled bad... plus his gauges didnt even tell him how bad it really was. The sad thing is that the russian government in the Ukraine did NOTHING for several days to do anything and that is what caused most of the damage.... Nuclear power is an incredible resource that was shot down because of russian mistakes... there is no doubt in my mind that if we were more open to nuclear power that we could have easily created efficient power that is way more safe than the crap we use now. Nuclear power was a big part of my college studies and I am a big fan of alternate fuels as well as good ol petrol!

Old 07-30-2006, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

What are we to do with the spent fuel rods?

Old 07-30-2006, 01:53 AM
HCF Member

eat em [sm=badbadbad.gif]