Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

SRT4 vs. S/C Tibby

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:47 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: SRT4 vs. S/C Tibby

Kingsport

Old 12-17-2005, 02:50 AM

oh wow, you're up there in hillbilly country. I bet them good ol boys have some fast cars ;]

Old 12-17-2005, 09:30 AM

his little tibby will have new intrals and a little boost, and mine is a lttle boost.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:26 PM

"its domestic so it must be a slow POS" statements like that that give you guys bad names.
hate to tell you man, but its the ignorance of alot of domestic guys that are getting reputations now (don't mean you personally.) For example, i was at the gas station the other day with my hood open adding some oil. This guy filling up with late gen mustang looks at the engine gay and goes "hehe, that there tie rod thing get ya 10 hp or something?" and i said "no you ignorant f*ck. that strut brace stiffens the lateral stress or my chassis. that working with my adjustable dampening suspension gets me around an offramp at 80 without flinching. if i wanted something fast in a straight line, i would have rebuilt a chevelle." i got the deer in the headlights look.

but then again, there are idiots like mike1987 who think that hes actually going to show up at a REAL drag track with a civic boosted just a little (i'm guessing without being re-built with forged internals) and beat a fully built f-body or vetter. i suppose that would give some import people a bad reputation. for some reason the "street racerz" always seem to be as such because they know if they go to a real track they will be beaten.

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-17-2005, 02:03 PM

I dont count anybody with a "muscle car" as a domestic owner. They **** on the domestic sport compacts just as much as you guys. I'v had someone actually tell me one time I should have saved my money to get a base model Mustang, I just shook my head and drove off.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Mossy

"its domestic so it must be a slow POS" statements like that that give you guys bad names.
hate to tell you man, but its the ignorance of alot of domestic guys that are getting reputations now (don't mean you personally.) For example, i was at the gas station the other day with my hood open adding some oil. This guy filling up with late gen mustang looks at the engine gay and goes "hehe, that there tie rod thing get ya 10 hp or something?" and i said "no you ignorant f*ck. that strut brace stiffens the lateral stress or my chassis. that working with my adjustable dampening suspension gets me around an offramp at 80 without flinching. if i wanted something fast in a straight line, i would have rebuilt a chevelle." i got the deer in the headlights look.

but then again, there are idiots like mike1987 who think that hes actually going to show up at a REAL drag track with a civic boosted just a little (i'm guessing without being re-built with forged internals) and beat a fully built f-body or vetter. i suppose that would give some import people a bad reputation. for some reason the "street racerz" always seem to be as such because they know if they go to a real track they will be beaten.

[sm=rant.gif]

to let u know. i will be going ot the track and my civic will only be in the 13s not fast enough at all, but the tibby will be. mm how od i know, the last porject he had went 9.97 it was a fully built 90 trans am. this guy knows what he is doing. and just beucase i said that me and a few friends would go down there to have a little fun to see if toledo can hold its own down there has nothing to do with me as a person. o and my intakes adds 25 hp bitch.( joking) i don't care what kinda car it is, with time and money any car can beat any car. o and the last vett i raced i pulled 3 cars on him off the line, i was in the awd gsx back when i had it. he cught me in 3rd. i am not a ricer in any way at all. i never said i could beat him. i said the tibby will. and i am sure of it. he just got all the block done, pistons, cams, rods, sleeved. next is the head then turbo.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

Beat me or not it will have 5 times the money put into it, that would be like me saying "let me bring out a $30k+ 67 Pro street Mustang and race your civic that has $7000 invested including the price of the car". BTW do you have any idea how much harder it is to get a fwd into the 9's, 10's, and 11's than a "90 Trans Am"

For me to be in the 9's I would need around $5k to $6k. $5k to $6k into a tibby will get at best high 11's.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

mossy makes me laugh

mikes FATF tibby buddy will kill his tranny

Old 12-21-2005, 01:25 AM

I'd say the fact that you don't even have a clue how nitrous works is a pretty good indicator of just how much strip experience you kids have.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:45 PM

i wanted tibby to win just cuz those guys were pretty cocky, i would take an srt-4 over a tib cuz my buddy has one and its not very fast, just a sight for sore eyes

Quick Reply: SRT4 vs. S/C Tibby