Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

so.... the new VW gti.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Default RE: so.... the new VW gti.......

yeah new vw's have reliability problems after like 4 years now, and honda's don't, i stick with the cheaper reliable hondas

Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM

you got to love vw's marketing campaign. they got all of these commercials targeting tuners and 20 something males. i wanna get the car for the little fast toy that comes with it.

mph the magazine came out with an article about the honda civic si and vw gti.

gti won but they wer configured at +$5,000.00

does anybody know where i can get one of those fast figures?

Old 02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

i'm sure they'll be on ebay soon.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

I think the new GTis look ugly as hell, I would never buy one. I was never a fan of VW and a SI is still more reliable. I remember seeing the SI beat the GTi on the track on Top Gear, but that was the old GTi and the old SI. You could take the 5gs u saved on the SI and put it towards mods, then you could prolly beat a GTi, and your car will still be more reliable.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

We've had the new gti in the uk for a while now, and the uk one would appear to be quicker with a low 6 second 0-60 time, ive seen it tested against our civic type-r and it is slightly quicker 0-60, and although its lighter than previous gti's it couldnt keep up with the type-r round a track. and the type-r is five years old now, just goes to show how spot on it is.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:02 PM

^^lucky uk guy gets to have real type r's

Old 02-25-2006, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

I think the new GTis look ugly as hell, I would never buy one. I was never a fan of VW and a SI is still more reliable. I remember seeing the SI beat the GTi on the track on Top Gear, but that was the old GTi and the old SI. You could take the 5gs u saved on the SI and put it towards mods, then you could prolly beat a GTi, and your car will still be more reliable.
Kind of off topic but....

How does one know that one car is more reliable then the other when both have been on the road for less then 3 months? Assuming you are talking about the 06 SI.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

^^^ its not the reliability of that exact car, but VW's in general, and the GTI's in the past. Yeah sure its a hasty generalization. And who knows the the new civic si's could turn out to be a total lemon, very doubtful however. There simply talking about the relaibilty of each brand.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:11 PM

i like the older generation GTIs better, my friend has a gti vr6 and that thing can haul ***...but im not feelin the new ones. but i must say those "my fast" comercials are pretty funny.

o and as for the electrical problems...BAHAHAHA ya there horrible and heres proof

this used to be my friends really nice GLI but it is no more. he was driving around and it randomly caught on fire due to some electrical problem...

Old 02-25-2006, 01:43 PM

Yea, a high school friend of mine's new beetle burnt to the ground after returning to the dealership 3 times for "smelling electrical smoke"

Quick Reply: so.... the new VW gti.......