Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

My autocross at the track! VIDS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: My autocross at the track! VIDS

ORIGINAL: xgrafcorex

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Good stuff. I don't know how you do it, those cones would confuse the hell out of me.
i agree. is there any system to how the cones are set up? i guess doing a walk through or two would help..but driving as fast as i could might make me forget certain things. i noticed some cones were alone, and others were doubled up...and i don't mean in the parts you are supossed to drive between, i was thinking more of the slolom. is there a system to tell you what you're supposed to do?
Of course there's a system...and an easy one at that

Old 09-21-2007, 06:28 AM

Good stuff. I don't know how you do it, those cones would confuse the hell out of me.
i agree. is there any system to how the cones are set up? i guess doing a walk through or two would help..but driving as fast as i could might make me forget certain things. i noticed some cones were alone, and others were doubled up...and i don't mean in the parts you are supossed to drive between, i was thinking more of the slolom. is there a system to tell you what you're supposed to do?

nice video, looks like you were having a great time and a good run. congrats on the girl that goes with you...i don't think anyone i've dated would be cool with that. and one last thing...got any pics of the gt3 lady??
everyone does a course walk thru before they run. its real simple for the most part. after a couple events, reading the course just gets easier and then after a while u dont even think about where ur going, u just kinda go lol. theres a whole system of how the cones are layed out to direct u. pointer cones that lay on their sides, double cones, walls, etc..

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

Did you just say... "injermingled?" ... in the first vid.

Haha, nice driving, wasn't expecting that. I would love to do autoX. Is it true that a CF hood puts you in a different bracket?
yes thats true, unless ur already in the class because of some other mods. like i run in Street Touring S(STS), if i got a CF hood, that'd throw me in, i believe, Street Mod(SM) which is full of ppl with engine swaps and what not. usually a much faster class.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

nice video, looks like you were having a great time and a good run. congrats on the girl that goes with you...i don't think anyone i've dated would be cool with that. and one last thing...got any pics of the gt3 lady??
Yeah dude, it's not so bad. especially on a track like that one. That makes it much easier because the road kind of gives you a general direction. It's much harder in parking lots, but still not as bad as it looks in videos, it's much easier when you're actually driving. Sometimes when I ride as passenger, I get lost, but not when I drive so, it has something to do with being in control. I didn't post the video, I can if some others want it, but on one of the runs, I almost went to the wrong side of a row of cones and then was like OH SNAP! and had to snap the wheel the other way and it slowed me down a LOT. But, like others have said, you do a course walk through before hand, and it's much easier in person. The hardest part is focusing ahead and not screwing up your line for later by trying to cut corners on the immediate turn. Like in some of those, you'd be like, "WTF?" until you realize that I was setting up for the next gate or something. Just get out there somewhere in your area and you'll see what we mean! It's a blast.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

For the newb's, in the video the course looks a lot more complicated than it seems. Once you're there and walk the course it's not that hard to remember it.

There are going to be 3 local event coming up in my area, i might take the turbod, but their going to put me with the big boys[&:] now and with no suspension mods i'm going to get killed lol