Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Getting a new paint job? be sure to pick up tape

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Getting a new paint job? be sure to pick up tape

ORIGINAL: vincent77

3M makes a great clear tape to protect from stone chips I put in on my gf car you can hardly tell its there and it only cost $150, anyone can do it at home great investment
ya i was thinking about getting this if i got my hood and front bumper painted..its not to expensive, all the new cars have it too..its hard to notice tho

Old 09-20-2006, 09:10 PM

sexy hatch

Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

ORIGINAL: vincent77

3M makes a great clear tape to protect from stone chips I put in on my gf car you can hardly tell its there and it only cost $150, anyone can do it at home great investment
ya i was thinking about getting this if i got my hood and front bumper painted..its not to expensive, all the new cars have it too..its hard to notice tho
My mom had it done on her Passat. Looks like butt. They did a horrible job. But Subaru does it to all their new cars. When it is professionally done you cant hardly tell its there.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 AM

i never got the tape method as long as u don't ride people and drive off road chips shouldn't be a problem oh and a good paint job to i have no chips on my car and i go to alot of far away shows i bought my car to use it not baby it

Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

Smart man.... 3M clear bra is a definite must next time I get my front end repainted. I get sick of seeing chips occur after just a few days on fresh paint. [:@]

Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 PM

ive seen a couple people around here use the tape method. it looks like a good method but it also seems like it would be more of a hassle because these guys would put it on for driving to a show then take it off. then when the show was over they would put a new coat of tape/protectant over it. BTW, kinda pissed because i just got my first road chip on the front of my car some a-hole in a dumptruck pulled out in front of me.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 PM

ya word of advise, stay far away from dump trucks, cement mixer trucks...just about anything that hauls small loose materials like rocks and crap..can do some damage.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:00 AM
HCF Member

nice way to keep the bugs off your hood and bumper around this time of year

Old 09-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

why not just clear bra the whole front end

Old 09-22-2006, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

ya word of advise, stay far away from dump trucks, cement mixer trucks...just about anything that hauls small loose materials like rocks and crap..can do some damage.
ditto!!!...i followed one onto the on-ramp a wile back and i felt like i was being shot at, i got a rock to the hood which made a nice gash, and a rock to the window which almost put a crack in it!!!

Quick Reply: Getting a new paint job? be sure to pick up tape