Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Civic SI-VWGTI-Mazdaspeed3-Dynoruns

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Default RE: Civic SI-VWGTI-Mazdaspeed3-Dynoruns

So your saying it cant beat a WRX , I'm just quoting a magazine(I think it was Sport Compact Car) I have at home that boldly said on the cover that this car was a WRX Killer. I honestly do not know if it could or not , but 207 at the wheels doesn't sound like it could from what Ive read so thats why I said it was overrated. Thats why I was disappointed at the Dyno #s. Maybe you could shed some light. Ill try and find the mag when I get home and scan it.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Default RE: Civic SI-VWGTI-Mazdaspeed3-Dynoruns

the WRX makes 207 to ALL FOUR WHEELS. The AWD launch will be too much for the MSP3 to overcome by the end of the 1320. In the twisties simply because of the stock rubber on the WRX, the MSP3 might have the advantage. 0-60 is clearly in the WRX's favor.

I think the MSP3 was hyped up, and the 2.3 could have been reworked to make a much more linear powerband...which is going to kill it when going up against the new WRX which has a MUCH improved powerband, revised trans with new 1st and 2nd gear syncros, not cat in the Up pipe, the 2.5 block and larger injectors than the STI.

This car makes 10more whp than the Legacy GT which puts it right around the same HP as the MSP3. the 2.5 WRX is actually UNDERRATED. they claim 230hp...but its actually making roughly 260-265.