Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Car and Driver SuperFour Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car and Driver SuperFour Challenge

ya i agree with you a little dogmeet..i was reading this artical in the magazine a few weeks ago and it makes me think about the thousands of dollers i have to put into my car to make it go faster and run well like these guys, but then some people dont even put lots of money in and make it run fast..so i kinda dont get it eather, u think these hondas would do amazing with all the money in them and perfessional tuning[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 10-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Administrator

but something to keep in mind, you are seemingly looking just at the QM times, and being a drag racer myself, i can tell you exactly why. those cars are turning poor ETs, but they all have great QM MPHs. my car ran mid 12s @ 104-106. there are running 110-115 in the QM, which would (with good traction) put them into the 11s, easily. also, when you work your car up, then take it to the track, you are on a prepper surface, made for drag racing. they were on a plain stretch of paved roadway, which was measured into a quarter mile. no track-bite sprayed down, no rubber laid down, no burnouts, nothing. that white buschur racing evo was at the nopi event and turned in FAR better times than what was listed in that article, well into the 11s, i believe, with some in the 10s...also, some of those cars have roll cages in, which are heavy, and they pretty much counter act the gains of removing the interior items. i am certain that the 60 foot times of everyone of those cars was simply awful due to the lack of a real drag strip launch surface. in a case like this, the mph should be taken into effect more than the ET, but all in all, i think that it is stupid that they dont have actual drag strip times... C&D tests cars on a prepped track, so why not have your shootouts there too??

Old 10-26-2005, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

I think they were forced to buy tires from tirerack too. Preventing any super sticky tread. I agree Patrick....This isn't all about the 1/4 mile. Just so expensive to get what they have. Take any stock car and dump 25,000 into it and see how fast it will run....I'd like that challenge. Kinda makes me rethink the whole how fast can a budget take your daily driver...and don't even bring up reliablility...three of the cars DNF...broken this...broken that....I'd freak out if that where my baby getting beat on. More pondering to do.[>:]

Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

just because those cars have a brand name on them, doesnt mean that they are done right. for the record, tirerack has some excellent tires for sale, and they do sell high performance tires..i have had nothing but good luck with tirerack.

as for the broken this broken that, keep in mind also, that these cars are ONLY beaten on...lol it isnt like theyre daily driven most of the time, then taken to the track...they are built to thrash. i just glanced over it, other than that tacoma, who else broke?

Old 10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

one honda lost a shock, the focus blew something (big surprise), the taco spun a bearing...and I think someone else dropped something...