Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

==CREATIVE CAR PHOTOGRAPHER THREAD==

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ==CREATIVE CAR PHOTOGRAPHER THREAD==

Civicexracer, here's your shot & I did some PS to it.. The cardboard is gone, reflection on the mustang's bumper is gone & I add some halogen spot lights on the wall..
Hope you like it

Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Champ white FD2

Civicexracer, here's your shot & I did some PS to it.. The cardboard is gone, reflection on the mustang's bumper is gone & I add some halogen spot lights on the wall..
Hope you like it
cardboard maybe gone but with what you did to the ground is very noticable and ruins the photo. It's too bright and too distracting.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

Uhmm,.. Ok, thnx for your input. Am still learning to this PS thing..

Old 10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

What about this,..? Better..?

Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's not about how expensive your camera is, or how good you are at photoshop, what it boils down to is having a good eye for detail, and using good composition methods.

There are plenty of people out there with nice expensive cameras, that still can't take a good pic to save their lives

Heres an unedited shot my wife took in Jamaica. Shes no pro, and is using a simple point and shoot (6.0mp cybershot)

Heres one I took last weekend. Three shots at different exposures, combined into one to show full detail. My first attempt at using this method, they will only get better from here as I've now learned that I need to pic picture picture subjects/objects. (This shot taken with the same cybershot 6.0mp)

Name:  HDRHighRes.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  176.1 KB

sorry for the soapbox rant, I'm just sick and tired of every person out there who can aim a camera thinking their a professional photographer.

....edit: In no way shape or form am I claiming to be a pro. My mom has been doing professional photography for longer than I've been alive, and everytime I see one of her pics, I realize just how amateur I really am. It's just something I enjoy toying with

Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 AM

WOWWWW,,,,, REAL Type R....... Nice Hot Sedan,,

Btw,, Tu Mobil Di jakarta di Jual dimana Omm ???????

Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

nice pics everyone! i'm gonna have to take some more of my car..so far i only have one or two, and they've all been posted already.

as has been said, it isn't all about the camera. you can give a pro a moderate/decent camera (not slr), and they can take some really really nice pictures. then you could give the best camera to someone that's never taken a picture before, and you can guess how that will turn out. there are definitely limitations to certain cameras, but having a full knowledge of how they work will allow you to unlock their full potential. i guess the same applies to cars as well.

forty, i've never tried that method..care to elaborate on the basic idea of what you did?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

Well, am not using an expensive top of the line camera, A Canon 5D which is pretty good slr with reasonable price tag.
Am not calling myself as a pro either.. In fact, am still new in this fiels and began to love and try to learn more. This thread helps me a great deal about picture angle, lighting, surroundings and so on... Good on you guys, keep this thread rolling to see more good shots and maybe without PS, just staright out of the camera.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 AM
HCF Member

Here's some interior shots, it was too dark & I dont have any back lighting.. So I used a torchlite instead

Name:  dash1-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  67.6 KB

Name:  steer2-1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  steer1-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  46.6 KB