North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Car Clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Default Car Clubs?

Whats up guys. I was just talking over some things with a couple of friends that want to form a "car club" The thing is, what exactly makes a car club? Is it just a bunch of friends that put a club name on their cars? I would like for my team to be able to maybe participate in events together, raise money for parts by racing, showing off our cars, whatever. Something like a "dues". Anyway post up some unique things you and your club do, and let us know your name and where you represent as well!

Old 12-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Default RE: Car Clubs?

My car club is:

We just started our club, so we havent really done anyihing yet. We are lookin at getting a weekly or monthly meet going. we will deff hit up some carshows next year. Not only we have a Car Club in South Jersey, we also have an Online Community as well. Check out our site at http://www.midnitetuners.com

Old 12-20-2005, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

i have 2 clubs... my local colleges...clarion cars...and my national ...stripling warrior(s) racing.... right now we are on the downlow cause of lack of car on my part..but we plan on renting out the drag for a day...and helping with cars and stuff..right now we are just trying to represent ourselves... i wouldnt suggest doing stuff as a group for money..cause that could lead to someone saying..i need this large part for my car...give me the money..when someone could be starving for gas..

Old 12-21-2005, 05:50 AM

thanks romance...good info. Any suggestions for that "group money"? If everyone over the course of the year pays out an equal say 2000. and in the end they all get back an equal 2000, it kind of negates even doing the "dues". Im also thinking of setting up a street racing club, and trying to organize it so that we can race, make some money, bail out. car shows are a def., but really none of us are bodykit/crazy audio/lights kind of people, we are basically motorheads...lol.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:07 AM

i was the president of absoulute driven. it was a local car club. i have been in clubs with dues and its pointless. if u guys want something like a banner or shirts just split the cost of everything needed for the team. another thing u might look into that really helped us out was get involved with the community the cops noticed and really left us alone because they knew we weren't punks. and as far as leaders i would do the committee when u have 4 people in charge.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:29 PM

Really not a big market for car clubs huh? lol. Anyway just thought Id update a little bit, my car club I was talking about? We actually seem to be moving right along toward the spring! B16/18 swaps galore! Also I may be moving one step closer to having a garage built to actually work on some of thse machines! My new question is, where is a good place for us to start as far as racing for beginners? I want to maybe do track, not really strip, and would like to be competetive doing so, what options are in our area? Let me know guys, I really appreciate the help!

Old 02-04-2006, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

sorry about the delay in response.. i barely look in here...
where are you?!... cause i know theres like one track in the poconos.. and if ur close enough to pittsburgh ur more then welcome to join in to my stripling racing club.... i have specific guidelines u have to follow though..

Old 02-04-2006, 09:49 PM

Id love to hear more, I dont think Im really too close to pittsburgh, im all the way in new york.About 1.5 hrs from the city.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

whoa whoa..wait a min. Your in pitt??

Old 03-06-2006, 08:09 AM

Who me? Im not, but some of the others are.

Quick Reply: Car Clubs?