Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

WOW! (turboD update)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default WOW! (turboD update)

So last night I went down to see my tuner. He had a new set of timing maps for me, and I'd just recently did some mechanical upgrades. My issues that I'd been facing over the last couple months were definitely timing related, but my half assed vacuum system setup wasn't helping either. Long story short, FORTY IS FINALLY BOOOOOOOSTED!!!!!!

That's right, once we popped in the timing map, it was instantly ready to fly. It ran rich as **** at first, but with some tweaking here and there, and a whole bunch of healthy rips on it, we finally got it to where it needs to be. I must say, that all of the frustrations and headaches I've endured over the last 3 months, were all made worth it in a matter of seconds while ripping through 2nd and 3rd gear. Talk about instant gratification. Here I am typing this, almost 12 hours after we finished her off, and I'm still grinning ear to ear.

I want to thank EVERYONE who had any part in helping me with this build. Whether it was hands on help, useful advice, or even just some encouraging words to help keep my head straight, it made all the difference. Thank you guys so much

I promised myself I wouldn't cry

Next step is to demolish the a-hole with a Cobalt who works across the street from me. He has no idea what's about to hit him.

Videos will come soon, probably Monday. We have our local "Fall Cruise" on sunday, so that should make for some nice new pics, and a couple vids, so keep an eye out for that.

Again, thank you all!

Old 10-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: WOW! (turboD update)

One more thing. Although it's not 100% percent accurate, my tuner used his own homemade HP/TQ calculator that works directly with crome. It said that I peaked at 192whp, and get this, 180 lb/tq [sm=yikesomg.gif]

I hope to get it on the Dyno soon and get some real numbers for you guys, as well as hit the track one last time before snowfall to see what she does in 1320.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:35 AM
mxs
HCF Member

YAYYYY TORQUE! Congratulations Tony!

Old 10-20-2006, 08:41 AM
HCF Member

Sweetness! Finally. I knew it would be worth it.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

glad to hear you have it running well! now the real fun starts..

Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Cat Fuсker

ricer:-D Anyhow it must be good to feel at least 150lbs of torque:-D

Old 10-20-2006, 09:03 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

that is great news to hear tony. i remember sitting on your driveway when you were installing it and then coming back up to find out you were having some problems. its good to hear you finally got everything worked out. now you know what the fun part is going to be in about a month and a half dont you? lol turbo project 2

Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Right on mang, can't wait to get the ball rollin on your car.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it really is a night and day difference from I/H/E to Boost, doesn't even compare. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-20-2006, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

Its about time. Do yourself a solid and get an alum radiator and DEFINETLY get some ARP headstuds ASAP. Take my word on it. You DONT want to change a headgasket.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:35 AM

Man good to hear u got everything working out now. I seriously need to look into checking my engine to see if I can boost it. It burns some oil so that kinda scares me away from F/I. Oh yea 180 tq[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Quick Reply: WOW! (turboD update)