Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Warning about TSI

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Default Warning about TSI

It's been a while since I've posted about my 08 Si with the TSI kit. Here's a quick summary: Put the kit on 4th of July weekend, tried to get it tuned, took it back and left the car with tuner, it's been there almost 4 weeks now, my tuner said he just can't get it right.

He has done a lot of calling and researching trying to get the AEM FIC to work but without success. He has called TSI,AEM,Procivic, and even Shawn Church who originally tuned the kit, and has still not been able to get it right.

I have emailed and spoken with Procivic and am waiting for a response. I have not found a single person who has got this kit to work properlly and I am approaching the end of my fuse. I am very suprised that Procivic would sell such an unproven product, and I hope for their sake that they can correct this problem in some form or fashion. I'm not one to talk bad about people but I will warn fellow enthusiasts about a shoddy product that does not deliver.

If there is anyone who has got this kit to work properlly please let me know.
On a side note: I was thinking about trying the Greddy E-manage in place of the AEM FIC, any thoughts?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

Ha, procivic is horrible at even adhereing to their 110% Guarantee that they claim to honor. I found a cheaper product (rotors) at Tirerack.com, shot an email over to Procivic about it, they said that their products were better (they infact were the EXACT same rotors, i had them tell me the product number so that I could triple check it) and that all they could do is give me a $15 dollar discount coupon. Well for starters, the one at tirerack was already $80 cheaper and had cheaper shipping that procivic offered.
That's why anytime i see procivic mentioned on here i have to share my story. Good luck with them.

Last edited by macbeth18288; 09-07-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

Hmmm... thats kinda weird. Is anything actually wrong with the turbo kit, like the actual hardware? Or is it just getting the kinks worked out with the F/IC? I've been using an F/IC with my turbo kit for about 3 months now and have had very minimal problems with it. That being said I know its a completely different engine, ecu, etc. etc. But if you're just having problems with the tuning after a month and he still can't get it running, I would consider finding a new tuner, before just blaming the kit.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Baron, what are you turboing? I'm about to buy the TSI kit for the 08 R18. Any body have problems with that one?