Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

twin scroll 30r or 35r

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Default RE: twin scroll 30r or 35r

ORIGINAL: Roto
ORIGINAL: SovXietday
Lag ISN'T fun
Listen to the voice of reason. I hate lag...
YOU hate lag. I don't. I've been in a E3B16g powered 2g GSX with about 340whp and we were up against an EVO w/ a 35r kit on it, relatively stock. Obviously the GSX pulled immediatly but just like a couple seconds later the EVO went' screaming by! that's what i want. i'm not everybody else.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM

Um... the Evo spools the 35R by 4K?

Look at the power you want, and then look at the efficiency island of all of the GT powered turbochargers. You want 300-350. You will make that at 8psi on the 35, maybe 12psi on the 30. Efficiency ranges for the GT series is ABOVE 20! The GT35R is a 600-650whp turbo! Why would you waste all of that money to take advantage of barely half of the power that it's capable of.

If you want the "up top monster" then you need to be looking at a large AR and NOT a large turbo. Go with a journal bearing 60trim with a .82AR on a tubular miniram. You will spool up around 4-4.5K and make power no problem all the way to the top of your powerband not to mention run well within the turbo's efficiency range and make the kind of power that you're looking for.

Don't overspend on this setup, power is power and believe me you do not want to wait till 5.5+K to make 300whp. [&:]

Old 02-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

Lag ISN'T fun
YOU hate lag. I don't. I've been in a E3B16g powered 2g GSX with about 340whp and we were up against an EVO w/ a 35r kit on it, relatively stock. Obviously the GSX pulled immediatly but just like a couple seconds later the EVO went' screaming by! that's what i want. i'm not everybody else.
May I suggest a Mack truck turbo than? You'll have as much lag as you like.... you're confusing lag and powerband.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

Lag ISN'T fun
May I suggest a Mack truck turbo than? You'll have as much lag as you like.... you're confusing lag and powerband.
LOL!

I agree, I have a feeling that you think lag = power. NO! Lag is only associated with power because you need to lag in order to make BIG power. The problem is, you're not going for big power, you're going for 350whp.

The fastest car on the street will be the car with the largest area under the curve. In other words, the longer your engine makes 350whp, the faster it will go. If you race a 350whp Evo with your GT35R at 8psi making 350whp you're going to get ROMPED because the Evo has a huge powerband and it's going to scoot like you wouldn't believe.

Look, the cars who have BIG turbo's have BIG rev limits to actually have some form of powerband. Stick a GT35R on a stock bseries and you'll have all of 1.5K of powerband and nothing to show for it. You'll be falling out of boost everytime you shift and the car is going to suck to drive.

OR, you can just realize that a twinscroll divided manifold does not come AC compatible because it's a high whp powered style manifold and you're going to have to change your plans anyway. I'm telling you, save your money and go with a simple setup and don't waste your money on a GT series turbo for the power that you want. You can make the same kind of power on a turbo that you can pick up used for $300... and the car will be faster than if you go with the GT35R setup.