Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo or Supercharged For 95 GSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 10:14 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo or Supercharged For 95 GSR

too true, they are totally different like Berz said... its all in where you want the power. The s/c makes a crazy sound that catches people off guard. If you want to hear a blower then just find any street racing video of a Mustang Cobra. I use the cobra since they are the most popular and easy to find supercharged car.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:31 PM

by nature i am an MR2 guy so turbo is my natural selection. however, for my civic i wanted something different so i used an m62 blower with an endyne manifold. i havent finished the engine build yet but i think she will be quite fun when finished....

v/r,
steven

Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mr2azzkicker

by nature i am an MR2 guy so turbo is my natural selection. however, for my civic i wanted something different so i used an m62 blower with an endyne manifold. i havent finished the engine build yet but i think she will be quite fun when finished....

v/r,
steven
hey even old MR2's used superchargers. i say go with the charger becuase you don't see em alot on hondas, and they work really good for more power down low(where you spend all your time at)

Old 04-13-2006, 11:20 AM

I have also driven cars with both set ups my car is a 1999 Civic Si and it HAD a Jackson Racing Supercharger on it and I have to admit it was alot of fun but it was on a stock motor at the time and I split a retainer and dropped a valve into the fourth cyclinder and of course my motor was screwed but what really sucked is a piece of the valve some how (freak accident) got shot up into the supercharger and screwed that up to, didnt mean to get off subject but I just saying be carefull if your friend hasn't built the motor yet, anyway the other car was another 1999 Civic Si but with a (Full Race turbo kit) and just incase your wondering thats the name of the company (Full Race) anyhow it was a fully built motor with a T3 T67 turbo, if your not familiar with sizes its preatty big they do make bigger but its not as fun on the street anyway I remember driving it and it was the most trilling ride I have ever taken and converted me to TURBO so thats my prefrence but there both alot of fun, so with either choice have fun!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

superchargers sound like dieing cats under the hood. lol

Old 04-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I talked to a guy this past weekend who has a 95 JRSC'd GSR. He said he loves it. It's also got a crazy amount of suspension work, the thing is a beast. He got up beside me on this two lane road and I, just screwing around got on it a little, and he just ripped past me no problem. It sounded sooo nice. A little high pitched, but definitely respect commanding.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...843D42E865.htm

Old 04-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

that s/c type-r needs some stiff motor mounts lol

Old 04-14-2006, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

well IMO it doesnt matter that you see superchargers less on hondas. in fact i think that should be a hint that more people have turbos because they just work better on a civic. and the reason is simple. its not about weather a turbo or S/C is better...its about the car you're putting it on. civics are built for hi revving power, so thats what you should focus on. that...to me...would imply a mid-sized turbo.

but damn a good S/C does sound really good...i love that whine.

but i'll always stand by a turbo.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:48 PM
HCF Member

I just like the idea that turbos are using wasted gasses to create power. They do like to get hot though.

Quick Reply: Turbo or Supercharged For 95 GSR