Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 AM

i don't think he's coming back... he didn't like the truth.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

Well, people did kind of jump all over him...not that they weren't justified...but maybe we should be a little nicer to people if we want the HCF community to oh I don't know....grow?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM

Yea, i was really just astonished that someone who knows how to swap an engine and install a turbo didn't know anything about fuel management.
i don't have any hands-on experience with turbo or swapping engines, but I understand it pretty well and know what to do for the most part... which is why i was so surprised that someone with actual hands-on experience didn't know the basics.

In my original response I tried to restrain myself from saying anything mean.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

Trust, how come you don't do any serious mods? You seem to be way into it, but what holds you back?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Apostle
Trust, how come you don't do any serious mods? You seem to be way into it, but what holds you back?
Actually, I'm about to get started with that. I have to change my timing belt and lower motor mount, and get some new seats (mine are extremely uncomfortable due to a chunk of a missing foam). After that I'm gonna start saving up to go turbo.
I've just been taking care of everything else on my to-do list so that once I start the turbo project I won't have to put money into any other part of the car besides turbo, therefore having less chance of distraction from the project.

I'm planning on getting the GReddy kit, selling the e-manage that comes with it, and then buying all the other things I'll need that the kit doesn't include (wideband, a/f gauge, boost gauge, gauge pod, oil sandwich adapter, etc.)

My plan is to start off by installing all the things I can go ahead and install (like gauges and etc.)

After I get the whole thing installed, I'll pop the new basemap EPROM chip i'll get from phearable and go get it tuned.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM
HCF Member

Sounds cool..how far off is this from being realized timewise? What's the EPROM chip? Haven't seen anything about that....but I'm not really up to speed on all the older civic stuff. My first civic is my current car

Old 10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
HCF Member

Sounds cool..how far off is this from being realized timewise? What's the EPROM chip? Haven't seen anything about that....but I'm not really up to speed on all the older civic stuff. My first civic is my current car
An EPROM chip is the chip that holds the ecu's fuel and timing maps. They go into the socket in a modified ecu. You burn the map onto the chip with a laptop then you put the chip into the ecu. Thats how it works for s100, crome, Neptune and so on... s300 however does not require them because you can hook the computer up directly to the hondata chip in the ecu using a usb cord, meaning you can make realtime updates without shutting the car off, removing the chip, burning the new map onto it then reinstalling it.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Sounds cool..how far off is this from being realized timewise?
Within the next few months i'll get the timing belt, lower mount, and seats. Probably by the middle of spring or beginning summer i'll be starting to buy and install the preliminary turbo components like gauges and stuff like that. After I take care of everything that's not in the turbo kit, i'll buy the kit, and then sell the e-manage asap to help further fund my project.

For tuning, i'm not sure if i want to go to central florida turbo (closest) or drive all the way to Phearable in Tampa. Tampa's about a 2 hour drive. You guys think I could drive to Tampa on the chip i'll order from phearable if I stay out of boost?
Orlando's about 1 hour away. Same question: do you guys think I could drive to Orlando on the chip i'll order from phearable if I stay out of boost?

(The chip i'm referring to getting from Phearable are the ones you order online and put in all your details and they make the best basemap they can possibly come up with without actually tuning it themselves)

The other thing about Tampa is that my girlfriends mom lives over there and i'd be able to spend a couple days there no problem. But then again, after I get it tuned i wouldn't mind the 2 hour drive back, because i could finally let her rip. lol

Basically, which would be better to get it tuned by: Central Florida Tuning, or Phearable?

Sorry for thread jacking
lol
if the thread's even really still going anyway

Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

I'd say go with Phearable. I heard that CFT lost their main tuner who pretty much made them who they were BUT thats just hear-say.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Mobsta Man
I'd say go with Phearable. I heard that CFT lost their main tuner who pretty much made them who they were BUT thats just hear-say.
you think driving over there on a phearable custom basemap will be fine? (if i stay out of boost of course)

Quick Reply: turbo problems