Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo or NOS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Default Turbo or NOS

hey, i have a civic ex, D16Y8. I was wondering if you can Turbo or run NOS on it even though its an automatic.
If so, which would be better??

Old 04-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo or NOS

i think a turbo will be better becuase it has to gain boost unlike nitrious its just there and puts a lot more stress on the tranny instanly so it cant cope with it as quickly as it could with a turbo.... just my two cents. plus nitrious will cost you more in the long run from filling up bottles

Old 04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

depends on what your after. i prefer nitrous and contrary to what some beleive when used properly it is just as safe as running a turbo set up. nitrous isnt something you hit the streets and empty the bottle on one run. that will definatly lead to burned vavles, melted pistons.....but like stated above the cost in the long run outweights anything. IMO turbo for a street driven car and nitrous for a track set up. nitrous owns all power adders in hot weather but like i say it really depends on you and what kinda power delivery you want.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yeah in hot weather a nitrious system is gonna make more power because of the really cold temperatures vs a turbo which is pushing mostly hot air that is somewhat cooled through and intercooler before entering the engine.. But if you are running say a 600whp car when the car original put out say 150whp and you add a 250shot onto that then you are only up to 400whp, in this situation a turbo would be better but around or nearly stock engine would benifite from nitrious at the track and turbo on the streets.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Alright thanks guys, i still dont know what to do for more power...
I might just swap out my automatic for a standard
Swap,turbo, or NOS its all so much money [:@]

Old 04-03-2006, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

deffinatly drop the money into a 5spd conversion, this will allow your power adders to do more for you instead of loosing the power through the auto tranny. either way you go its all moeny....we gotta pay to play

Old 04-03-2006, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

I think my sig will show what way Id recommend going.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

hahahaha pete your guage isnt under boost, so are we talking turbo whistles in the exh and electronic blow off vavles? [:'(]

Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

LOL. Wait till remmy gets home..........hell tell ya...........I let him drive the EX-T today.........

Old 04-04-2006, 03:39 PM

Im a little late on this post, but def turbo. I dont remember what i read but i think u said u had stock internals, i would go turbo. Its not safe to run nitrous on stock internals and basically whats the point in that??? if your a performance guy i would do the turbo. I mean anyone, even my mom could slap some nos on.

Quick Reply: Turbo or NOS