Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo 92 CIVIC DX

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 AM
July 2010 ROTM

understood, hondata not always the best choice, just the best choice in my case. i liked how hondata could smooth an idle on agressive cams that crome (or the person tuning it) couldnt. i have become a hondata advocate because MY tuner uses it, reccomends it, and he hasnt steered me wrong yet. i do see your side of the point (and i cant afford aem ems either!), but nonetheless, i still would reccomend hondata as first choice, if it is feasible. all i have to rely on is my personal experience, so i still feel justified in my answer.

btw, is this dude that sparked the great tuning software debate even going to come back and look at his thread???

Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
but nonetheless, i still would reccomend hondata as first choice, if it is feasible. all i have to rely on is my personal experience, so i still feel justified in my answer.

btw, is this dude that sparked the great tuning software debate even going to come back and look at his thread???
Lol, I'm pretty sure you sparked the debate b saying hondata period.

But what I quoted is good advice, i just don't want anyone who was patient enough to read this thread to believe that only hondata tuners are good and no one else

Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
July 2010 ROTM

someone should nominate this thread for the "most civil debate on hcf" award. i suppose i did spark the debate. in hindsight, maybe i shouldve said "if it were me, i would choose hondata".

Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 AM

Haha! I had a great time reading this thread, and I give it my nomination for most civil debate as well! I want to add my 2 cents... I have Crome on my B16 hatch and so far I have been pleased with it. The guy that tuned it is an excellent Crome tuner, and has tuned a lot of Hondas with it. I'm not saying it is superior because I have never experienced the Hondata, but for the money and availability, it was a good fit!