Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Super Nitrous Oxide

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Super Nitrous Oxide

You could not use pure oxygen because it is to damn flammable, you would have massive knock from it pre detenating then your engine would blow up. Methenol is another form of alchohol, it has certain addativs that make it so you cant drink it and get drunk so that the FDA does not have to over see it's sale and distrobution. Water/Meth injection is a very very good alternative to N2O on a boosted car as it offers something like 80% effeciancy by itself on a moderatly boosted car. I know that on a buddies built/boosted eclipse his 3exhaust gas temps went down like 150 degree's with the addition of a devil's own water/meth injection kit and I had a extensive convo one time with one of their reps and he said that on your average car that has been boosted by a aftermarket turbo kit/home made turbo setup that their water/meth kit could and would take place of the whole intercoolers setup.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:45 AM
HCF Member

Is water/meth injection sprayed in like n2o ir does it use an injector. I for some reason remember some performance adder where there was an additional injector tapped in somewhere (maybe I am imagining things). If it is a good alternative why use one vs the other? Especially when no intercooler theoretically needs to be used it seems like it would be a very viable and economical option. Not to mention if you do not have an external wastegate and have your BOV appropriately located you would have a killer sleeper. You wouldnt have the huge intercooler up front and no wonderful turbo whistle. Is it just for vehicles that are turbo'ed? Or is it for N/A as well?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 AM
HCF Member

its sprayed in using a nossle or injector, and you could use it for N/A but you usually see it on boosted apps. There are such things as adding aditional fuel injectors, but those are justs ways of getting around odb2 or getting bigger injectors in the stock locations etc. As for the sleeper thing, yeah if used correctly you wouldnt need an intercooler, but you would still have the turbo whistle, and i would also see you using up alot of water/meth if you are running it all the time. it is usually used on race setups or street setups that have a high and low setting and the h20/meth injection is only used on the high setting.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 AM
HCF Member

I thought that if you located the BOV by the intake the air pressure difference around the intake (because it is sucking in air) mimimizes the "whistle" of the turbocharger?Or am I thinking of something else that creates more "sound" by a different technique?

Old 12-13-2007, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 07blksi

I thought that if you located the BOV by the intake the air pressure difference around the intake (because it is sucking in air) mimimizes the "whistle" of the turbocharger?Or am I thinking of something else that creates more "sound" by a different technique?
www.howstuffworks.com

No seriously... you need to get a better understanding of how this stuff works before coming up with these ideas. It will make you sound less rediculous lol. I'm just busting your ***** but at the same time kinda serious.

A BOV, or blow off valve, is located in the charge piping (which is pressurized by the turbocharger) and relieves excess pressure when the throttle plate closes.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:04 AM
HCF Member

I understand the concept of the BOV. However I have heard that different locations of the BOV will generate a louder sound or quieter. I just did a quick google search and found this link to back up what I have heard http://www.alltrac.net/tuning/bovfaq.html(I think its the 4th question and a little in the intro paragraph).

I guess I should have been more clear on my prior question as well. I was not talking about the actual spooling sound of the turbo rather the release of pressure the BOV makes (When there is excess pressure).

I do not care what people think about me. I like to ask questions (as outlandish as they may be) so that I better understand this stuff. I have a passion for cars and the mechanics of them and I thrive on the information I get from people that know more then I do. If I ask a question (no matter how crazy or silly it is) I along with other people are learning something.

Furthermore, this thread was created light-heartedly. In my first comment I said hey I am just having a little fun with this topic and want to hear why these things would not work on an engineering sort of point of view. I know my ideas wouldnt work I wanted to know why though. I have never been given an answer as to why they cannot, just that they could not be done. This thread has definitely accomplished that and helped me to understand even more about other topics that I thought I knew a lot about (such as fuel types and injection methods).

I appreciate your input though, along with everyone else. I learned some neat things here that I did not know.

Granted, some people who know a lot more then I do may think thisthreadis really silly and I was stupid for creating such and to those people I apologize.

To those of you that actually learned of different methods of cooling your intake and intercooler...your welcome! =)

Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

It was an interesting topic eventhoue it wouldnt be possible it would still be pretty sweet, and for the bov, w/e, its not nessicary to have a bov if u want a real sleeper, but it prolongs the life of the turbo, it is possilbe to mkae it quiet, expecially on low boost apps.