Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

The Super D lives!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: The Super D lives!!!

ORIGINAL: likuidphreon

What you just said makes no sense to me.

It makes perfect sense actually. ALuminized steel is much less prone to rusting, hence the reason a lot of people use it.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

most piping people scrounge up wouldnt be stainless anyway, it would be mild steel, which rusts easily.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:34 PM
HCF Member

It's galvanized I think. It's probably conduit... and yes, most of this is temporary, but what's the big prob with the elbows I am using? They are friggin' corrosion resistant (as in toilet water), I think they can handle air for a few weeks. Also, I am not sure, but I'll bet the pressure for home plumbing is comparable to 7-8psi. Anyway, it's a "moo" point. It's getting replaced as soon as I get to the track.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:36 PM
HCF Member

its cheap and functions............thats all that matters on a budget........hell theres a guy at our local track with a 1st gen crx and pvc charge piping........works great for him

Old 12-30-2006, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

It's galvanized I think. It's probably conduit... and yes, most of this is temporary, but what's the big prob with the elbows I am using? They are friggin' corrosion resistant (as in toilet water), I think they can handle air for a few weeks. Also, I am not sure, but I'll bet the pressure for home plumbing is comparable to 7-8psi. Anyway, it's a "moo" point. It's getting replaced as soon as I get to the track.
not to **** in your coffee, but its probably only galvanized on the outside, and those elbows are not made to hold any pressure. they are for waste water draining that has no pressure on it, it just moves fluid with gravity. but who cares. you know its not permanent. see what it can do as is. You gotta love a $600 turbo kit.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:47 AM
HCF Member

Is everything else stock?

Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Cat Fuсker

woohoo for steet sniper:-D Now put some fuzzy dice in and you'll fit right in in north philly.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

You love to **** in my coffee, Sac. And after thinking about what I said about those elbows (and conferring with my plumber brother) I came to the conclusion that they aren't made for pressure or the ambient heat under the hood. Oh well, they're holding for meow. We'll see.

Woot!! for the Ghetto turbo.[sm=icon_beat.gif]

p.s.- my buddy's Ram Air Trans Am has a D1SC Procharger running 8psi pushing 505rwhp and the SC kit came with those exact same coupling/elbows. But, whatever. I know you guys love the Super D. Holla.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

not to **** in your coffee, but its probably only galvanized on the outside, and those elbows are not made to hold any pressure. they are for waste water draining that has no pressure on it, it just moves fluid with gravity. but who cares. you know its not permanent. see what it can do as is. You gotta love a $600 turbo kit.
his 600 dollar kit will last 10 times longer than a 600 dollar ssautochrome kit

Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 AM
HCF Member

welcome back sniper....by the way.......I sold my GReddy kit for 880$, you could have spent a littl emore and had a much beter kit.............Sucka!

lol

Quick Reply: The Super D lives!!!