Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

super charger ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
HCF Member
Default super charger ?

ok i have a 99 civic si with a jackson racing super charger and a stage 1 upgrade and my exhaust smells like pure gas which means im running rich. now i dont have upgraded fuel injectors or a fuel pump.and i also dont a anything but the stock ecu is there anything i can do to make it run better? without buying any of those things

Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: super charger ?

You have a stock ECU and a JRSC? Stop driving, now. You shouldnt be running rich, you should be running lean with all the added air being forced into your engine and a stock fuel map. Unless your MAP sensor is maxed out and freaking out and supplying too much fuel, but idk if thats even possible lol just an idea. But seriously, dont drive without some sort of engine managemmnt. Convert back to OBD1, get a basemap, and have it professionally dyno tuned. If you got the money, pick up an AEM EMS, or if all else fails there's always the Emanage or AEM FIC [&:]

Old 01-28-2008, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

You have a stock ECU and a JRSC? Stop driving, now. You shouldnt be running rich, you should be running lean with all the added air being forced into your engine and a stock fuel map. Unless your MAP sensor is maxed out and freaking out and supplying too much fuel, but idk if thats even possible lol just an idea. But seriously, dont drive without some sort of engine managemmnt. Convert back to OBD1, get a basemap, and have it professionally dyno tuned. If you got the money, pick up an AEM EMS, or if all else fails there's always the Emanage or AEM FIC [&:]
You dont generally need any type of mods to the ecu. Infact, jackson designed those super chargers to work with bone stock vehicles. They should have supplied a engine managment to go with the stock ecu. They also should have provided injectors if you have an upgraded pulley and are going over 6lbs of boost. If you are using the standard stuff supplied by jackson, stock injectors are fine.

However Flips suggestion is fine. It will give you a whole new world of managment and power adding.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

pull one of your plugs please, because my exhaust smelt like gas as well and i was running so lean my motor was ready to blow...

white plugs = lean
wet plugs = rich
normal plugs =

Old 01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Remmy

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

You dont generally need any type of mods to the ecu. Infact, jackson designed those super chargers to work with bone stock vehicles. They should have supplied a engine managment to go with the stock ecu. They also should have provided injectors if you have an upgraded pulley and are going over 6lbs of boost. If you are using the standard stuff supplied by jackson, stock injectors are fine.

However Flips suggestion is fine. It will give you a whole new world of managment and power adding.
wow, learn something new everyday. I don't have any supercharger expeirence really, but just thinking about F/I on that stock ECU makes me [:'(]

thanks for the info though Remmy

Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

yeah... a "piggyback unit" is supplied with setups like the JR supercharger. It adds a simple change to the fuel curve to adjust for the added air. Without it you are just dumping air into the mix.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

^ edelbrock kit has the same thing....

importguy did you install any sort of piggy-back or engine managment system? And stock injectors? Any idea about how much power you're putting out? And are you completely sure you're running rich, like used a wideband?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 AM

*guy is gonna blow his motor...* even something as simple as a SAFCII would do wonders. not just performance wise but safety wise. to rich = poor gas mileage and poor performance. to lean = faster car but much much riskier and if it's too lean than you WILL destroy your motor.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

my jrsc came with a fmu straight from jrsc

Old 02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

^ Thats what I was talking about. For example, the greddy emanage blows dick because of the type of forced induction. The one supplied by JRSC, is perfect for the bone stock setup. If I needed a dependable daily driver with a bone stock set up and wanted a little zip, JRSC all the way for me. And Im a converted turbo head so it says something.

Quick Reply: super charger ?