Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Rear turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Default RE: Rear turbo setup?

Not much room between the ac condenser and the manifold now. Id like to leave the car as origional as possible for resale purposes. Not looking for the ultimate performance of the engine either just a little boost in power when needed. If the car had 300 hp i dont know if id be satisfied with it. I also drive a bike that weighs less than 400 lbs and has approx 160 hp at the back tire. If i want acceleration ....that does it for me.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Sparky... have you thought about what happens to a turbo when it is exposed to all of the weather.

Inside of the engine bay, it may get a splash of water or a touch of road salt, but under the car at the rear it is going to get absolutely pelted by everything. Rocks, water, salt, dirt.

Generally speaking, it is not a daily driver kind of setup. Especially not for a canadian.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sparkys38

Not much room between the ac condenser and the manifold now.
You can easily fit a small turbo in there without eliminating A/C or power steering or anything else.
The only stock parts you will lose are your stock intake, stock exhaust manifold, and stock downpipe, which will all be replaced with turbo components. Everything else can stay. You just have to buy the right manifold, a smaller/medium turbo, and the right downpipe. Get a log type cast iron manifold or HF manifold, not tubular steel. The tubular steel manifold will most likely require you to remove the A/C.

It will be more efficient than a rear turbo setup as everyone has previously stated, and will be easier to do, and probably cost less. Turboing an auto is okay, it'll just most likely go out eventually. Honda automatic trannys are weak. Just when it does blow switch to manual or build your automatic transmission with performance parts. Get a ZEX torque converter if you build the automatic tranny.