Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Reaper's turbo 240 project

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Snail'n Admin

WOOT! I SEE A SNAIL....i wonder if it bubbles if you pour salt on it...not a slug but meh...anyway, why are the KA24s looked down upon? i know its a truck motor...but so what?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ it better not bubble and melt. If it can't hold up to a little sodium, how the f**k is it going to last with hot-as-h**l exhaust gas running through it spinning at 100k rpm?

But I never really got why the ka24 is such a bad motor. Underpowered? Maybe. A truck motor? Yeah. Torque monster when boosted? H**l yeah. True the single cams pretty much suck, but the twins are a good platform to work with. Not to mention you can pick one up for the same price as a z6, so if I blow it, who cares? I pay $300 and buy a new motor

And I really need to find a car. I can't find a decent one within 3 hours of where I live for under $1,000. It's rediculous. The drift craze is over and people still think 240's are worth something.

*edit: do snails melt like slugs? I need to go find a snail and find out lmao

Old 09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Might have found a car. It's in hershey (3 hours away), so I'm going to try to talk the guy down to $1000-$1500 since I'll have to drive out there and everything. But I'm going to call the guy tomorrow to see if it's even for sale still (craigslist ad is 9 days old). btw, it's a '92 coupe

linky

If it's sold already, I honestly don't really care (well, I do since the car seems unmolested... only mods are a 6-puck clutch (which means I wouldn't have to replace the clutch for a turbo project) and the wheels, and if the guy has the stock wheels, I'll let him keep his white ones if he takes a few hundred off the price). This turbo project is exactly that... a project. Projects aren't supposed to be done in a week lol... besides I have the money and a DD, so I can afford to wait for a decently priced 240 (though I'd rather have one now... it feels odd being in a town full of imports with a mustang lol).

Old 09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

gl man i always have loved 240s

Old 09-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

well, I might not get a 240 anymore (mostly because I was thinking 2 rwd cars in the winter will suck with the little hill climb I have to do to get to class); I've opened my options up to 5 cars: any 240sx, and EG/EK coupes/hatches. Basically, the first decent car I find in my price range is the one I'm going with. I'm actually hoping I can find a decent civic (since a fwd car would be nice in the winter), but whatever.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
well, I might not get a 240 anymore (mostly because I was thinking 2 rwd cars in the winter will suck with the little hill climb I have to do to get to class); I've opened my options up to 5 cars: any 240sx, and EG/EK coupes/hatches. Basically, the first decent car I find in my price range is the one I'm going with. I'm actually hoping I can find a decent civic (since a fwd car would be nice in the winter), but whatever.
lol. haha go ek if you can find a good one

Old 09-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

speak of the devil, I actually might have found one already (he just hit a deer, so obviously it needs work) with an ls swap (born a 96 dx), meaning it's basically ready to boost. I just emailed him (he posted it within the last hour or so, so hopefully I'll have an email back soon) for more damage pics.

link

Old 10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Okay, I want to bump this to say, I (sort of) have a car for the project now. I checked that '96 dx out, and as soon as the guy's insurance agent calls him, I'm buying it.

It has a b18b with an intake (sort of... it's a filter right on the TB) and a header-back straight pipe into a canister muffler (I'm thinking twin loop personally). He's including a front bumper with it that's already cut out for a turbo (which I'll fiberglass and make it look prettier... he just sort of cut it apart valuing function over form. Personally, I like both lol). Also, it's lowered (tokico blues, not sure on springs). It still needs a headlight (maybe I'll just get projectors), a passenger fender, and a windshield. And honestly, I'm thinking about painting the wheels hot pink (the car is black, it has 15" 10-spokes with a polished lip).

Old 10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

haha way to start a 240 project and not go through with it haha. btw for your first post it says 350 rwhp might wana fix that haha

Old 10-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

new front end..... go ahead and switch to 99-00

but hey ya wouldnt want to copy me.LOL
with the car just ask him to not date the title! otherwise you pay a late fee after 30days if ya dont swap over the title. i learned that after like 34days after the date signed. total BS fee!

see ya couldnt stay away from the civic for to long.LOL

Quick Reply: Reaper's turbo 240 project