Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

New clutch is in and the boost can finally be used!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New clutch is in and the boost can finally be used!

When did I say I wanted "racecar pedal effort" and when did I say I was looking for "stock feel"? Idid sayI would rather my car feel morelike a racecar than a buick and that thepedal effort of my new clutch was barely firmer than stock, which isjust right. What exactly is a "conventional clutch with a little more bite"? I wouldnt go as farat to saySov knew nothing before his build. I think hes been boosted for a while now and knows his stuff,unlike alot of the big talkers on this forum.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

Well everyone knew nothing at one time. You have to learn you aren't born with it. I also thinkI remember sov saying in his build thread that his dad knows next to nothing about aftermarket but he knows a lot about stock civic's because he is a honda mech.

btw that engine bay looks really clean.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

Thanks Mobsta. Yes very true, we were all ignorant about all of this stuff at one point in time, thats why I spend so much time on this forum.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
HCF Member

well looks good and WHEN i get the $$ to turbo and build my car, ill be looking into that clutch.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: red2000Si

When did I say I wanted "racecar pedal effort" and when did I say I was looking for "stock feel"? Idid sayI would rather my car feel morelike a racecar than a buick and that thepedal effort of my new clutch was barely firmer than stock, which isjust right. What exactly is a "conventional clutch with a little more bite"? I wouldnt go as farat to saySov knew nothing before his build. I think hes been boosted for a while now and knows his stuff,unlike alot of the big talkers on this forum.
i don't see what you're arguing there, you said you'd rather have it feel more like a racecar, but now you're arguing that you didn't. i only suggested that the 6 pluck is not needed IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A OEM PEDAL EFFORT, which apparantly you are not considering you're future build.

a conventional isthe same as your oe clutch disk with a smoother engagement, but, with a more aggressive material (for a little more bite)in order tocompensate for thepower you're looking for.

and you need to reread my post, i didn't say he knew nothing, just read the post again, it was a joke.

i guess you're refferring me to a "big talker"

and finally, i'm not trying to argue, i initially suggested one product over another until you actually told us what you're looking for, which is firmer than stock. i just grinds my gears when someone keeps insisting that someone else is wrong for no reason.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

Listen to Sov, he might know as much if not more than anyone on this forum about civics. The unsprung6 puck is definitely the way to go. Iwant my carto feel morelike a racecarthan a buick.I would have been unhappy with anything less. The pedal affort isveryslightly firmer than stock but nothing at all to complain about.I plan to possibly do a mild build on a block soon too so I will need something that can hold 350whp in the future.
didn't say he was wrong, and i didn't realize you wanted the "racecar" pedal effort. a conventional clutch with a little more bite would be adequate if you're looking for the "stock" feel. and you didn't say you were expanding your build, so then your choice will benefit you then.

and about the bold, that's alittle overkill, he knew nothing (not really) until his dad helped him with his build and taught him (no offense sov, just saying what you previously stated.)
No offense taken, I'm not ashamed to say I knew next to nothing not too long ago.

My dad has been a wonderful teacher, but Mobsta got it a bit closer, he has taught me the mechanical aspect of cars in general. Basically, he teaches me how to work on cars, tricks of the trade, procedures, etc.

At the same time, I've taught him everything he knows about turbochargers, tuning, superchargers, and the entire aftermarket world in general. That's everything that I've learned pretty much on my own through reading and experiencing in person. If there's one big thing I've learned about playing with cars is that the only way you're going to know your stuff and be successful is if you LIVE cars. I can talk cars for hours and love learning new stuff, I've been expanding my horizons towards DSMs lately, but Honda will probably always be where my roots and interest lies.

Anywho, my point is that I am not shy to tell people that I knew jack **** a couple years ago, I know that if someone has the initiative they can go out and learn just like I have. I've become very knowledgable about Honda's/cars through research, tuning, and just trying out things on my own time and money. I enjoy sharing what I know with everyone, and the numerous people have contacted me directly for more specific information and I'm sure most of them can tell you that although I know a good amount, I don't know everything.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion you guys have about my background.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

i don't see what you're arguing there, you said you'd rather have it feel more like a racecar, but now you're arguing that you didn't. i only suggested that the 6 pluck is not needed IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A OEM PEDAL EFFORT, which apparantly you are not considering you're future build.

a conventional isthe same as your oe clutch disk with a smoother engagement, but, with a more aggressive material (for a little more bite)in order tocompensate for thepower you're looking for.

and you need to reread my post, i didn't say he knew nothing, just read the post again, it was a joke.

i guess you're refferring me to a "big talker"

and finally, i'm not trying to argue, i initially suggested one product over another until you actually told us what you're looking for, which is firmer than stock. i just grinds my gears when someone keeps insisting that someone else is wrong for no reason.
I meant no offense by what I said. Your post came accross to me as condesending and I was trying to clear up what I meant in my previous post, as I wasnt sure if you understood my goals. Im not trying to start an arguemant in any way I was just standing up for my reasons for buying the clutch I bought. Sorry for starting drama.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Sov is the man.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

Hey guys I just have a few begginer questions maybe someone can help me with.
What is the pro's to having a performance clutch?
If you aren't to good with tools and stuff, how long do you think it would take a mechanic to install a clutch?
Thanks guys

Old 06-17-2007, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

You get a stronger clutch if you are putting down too much hp for the stock one to handle. Like if you put a turbocharger on your car then the stock clutch is not strong enough and it will start to slip so you need to upgrade.

Quick Reply: New clutch is in and the boost can finally be used!