Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

New clutch is in and the boost can finally be used!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New clutch is in and the boost can finally be used!

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Whats the break in period/procedure for that bad boy?
Yeah its exactlylike Sov said, I just took it out and got on it right away. Spun the tires through the first 4 gears. I actually got my first taste of driving it in trafficyesterday, the day after Iput it in,and it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. City driving is a little harsh but its sooo worth it for all the grab when I really geton it.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

ill be doing this soon

Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

Get some pics of your whole setup. it looks really good.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

Heres some recent engine bay shots.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 PM

pretty clean setup.

the only thing i dont like is the unsprung clutch. i'de have went with the exedy stage 2 or the ACT street disk with the Xtreme pressure plate.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

i think the 6 pluck is a little much for the power, but at least it's organic, anything heavier, you'll be dissappointed greatly with the effort you have to use.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:44 PM

Nah, unsprung is where it's at. Those springs generally wear out before the clutch does, and as far as "vibrations destroying things" goes you'll probably break the engine and transmission twice over before seeing any adverse effects from an unsprung clutch.

The 6 puck will get a bit easier to shift as you get used to it, it's harsh at first but it will even out once you put some miles on it.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Nah, unsprung is where it's at. Those springs generally wear out before the clutch does, and as far as "vibrations destroying things" goes you'll probably break the engine and transmission twice over before seeing any adverse effects from an unsprung clutch.

The 6 puck will get a bit easier to shift as you get used to it, it's harsh at first but it will even out once you put some miles on it.
as with any clutch.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

Listen to Sov, he might know as much if not more than anyone on this forum about civics. The unsprung6 puck is definitely the way to go. Iwant my carto feel morelike a racecarthan a buick.I would have been unhappy with anything less. The pedal affort isveryslightly firmer than stock but nothing at all to complain about.I plan to possibly do a mild build on a block soon too so I will need something that can hold 350whp in the future.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: red2000Si

Listen to Sov, he might know as much if not more than anyone on this forum about civics. The unsprung6 puck is definitely the way to go. Iwant my carto feel morelike a racecarthan a buick.I would have been unhappy with anything less. The pedal affort isveryslightly firmer than stock but nothing at all to complain about.I plan to possibly do a mild build on a block soon too so I will need something that can hold 350whp in the future.
didn't say he was wrong, and i didn't realize you wanted the "racecar" pedal effort. a conventional clutch with a little more bite would be adequate if you're looking for the "stock" feel. and you didn't say you were expanding your build, so then your choice will benefit you then.

and about the bold, that's alittle overkill, he knew nothing (not really) until his dad helped him with his build and taught him (no offense sov, just saying what you previously stated.)

Quick Reply: New clutch is in and the boost can finally be used!